SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eibach Pro Suspension kit

Hello I have a yr2000 95 with 18 inch wheels. Does anybody know whether I will have comfortable clearance putting the Eibach kit on my car?
Anybody used these before and know if they are any good...?

Thanks,

Scott.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
When you increase wheel size the overal diameter of the wheel and tyre como doesnt change (if you do it right).

215/55/16
225/45/17
225/40/18

Are all pretty much the same size overall - the wheel gets bigger and the tyre profile gets smaller - so none should make a difference to suspension, unless the wheels are a different offset to the factory ones or you have wider tyres on, then they could rub.

The eibach pro kit is excellent and there's one on feabay damned cheap too ;)

One of the moderators here "Kermit" has that kit on his tuned 9-5 but with 17" wheels.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tyres

Nice one Chris. Yep they are 225.40.18s which I got after your advice which are the right ones (Saab told me to put 45 profiles!:nono; ).

Whats the ride quality like though. Low profiles & stiffer suspension?

I want it all! :cool:

Cheers,

Scott.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Until I got my Hirsch suspension the Eibach pro were my favorite set up, I have driven in Kermits car a couple of times, I thought it was excellent.

Tighter than Aero suspension without being bone jarring - I'd recommend it ;)

And hey, wanting it all is cool, mastercard even send me thank you cards :eek:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Talking about me behind my back huh! :D

I've been in several modified 9-5's and my personal preference is for the Eibach Pro kit on saloons (sedans) and Bilstein's on the estate (wagon). The US mob tend to go for Billy's for both because the Eibach kit is no longer available Stateside.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
I've been in several modified 9-5's and my personal preference is for the Eibach Pro kit on saloons
Hirsch is good if you remember to fasten your seat belt ;) ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kermit said:
Talking about me behind my back huh! :D

I've been in several modified 9-5's and my personal preference is for the Eibach Pro kit on saloons (sedans) and Bilstein's on the estate (wagon). The US mob tend to go for Billy's for both because the Eibach kit is no longer available Stateside.
Are you saying that you like Bilstein Dampers combined with Eibach Springs on the Estates?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Get the coilovers from H&R that's the best set for the Estate you can adjust the height of your Saab, front lower rear higher you name it all can be done and makes a different car balance just wat you prefer. I have them on my 9-5 Estate and I just love it. even better than the Hirsch if you ask me.....

EJ

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
SteveY said:
Are you saying that you like Bilstein Dampers combined with Eibach Springs on the Estates?
Thats an affirmative.

As Chris mentions though, always better if you fasten the seat belt. Last time i was in the back of Chris' beasty i smacked my head on the opposite passenger door as he cornered. ;oops:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Kermit said:
Thats an affirmative.

As Chris mentions though, always better if you fasten the seat belt. Last time i was in the back of Chris' beasty i smacked my head on the opposite passenger door as he cornered. ;oops:
What is it in your opinion that seems to make the Bilstein/Eibach better than Eibach/Eibach for the Estates. Is it ride quality? Improved handling?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Trollspeed said:
Get the coilovers from H&R that's the best set for the Estate you can adjust the height of your Saab, front lower rear higher you name it all can be done and makes a different car balance just wat you prefer. I have them on my 9-5 Estate and I just love it. even better than the Hirsch if you ask me.....

EJ
That would be great but the coilovers won't fit 2002+ 9-5's or I would already have them instead of my H&R "lowering" springs that still make the car sit sky high in the front. :confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
SteveY said:
What is it in your opinion that seems to make the Bilstein/Eibach better than Eibach/Eibach for the Estates. Is it ride quality? Improved handling?
Haven't been in a full Eibach setup in a wagon, the Billy's really impressed me with the ride comfort and improved handling, especially turn in on tight corners. Found Koni's to be too harsh and rattled my teeth in my skull.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Suspension

I went out with Ed Abbott in his 95 the first time I went to Abbotts on the country lanes around Wix.He scared the s*** out of me with just how well the car went round really sharp bends doing over 100mph. I ended up spending more and going back there again for more mods. Done everything now apart from suspension and need to make the right choice for the saloon.Unfortunately had to recon my auto gearbox this week which has cost 1600 so want to be financially cautious without compromise;)

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The car sits about a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch lower than stock (compared to my dad's 1999 LPT with an Aero suspension). ride quality is very good. it is firm and resposive, and not as harsh as i thought it would be.... actually, compared to my dad's stock 2003 Aero, my car feels the same or even a little less harsh on highway bumps. i really like the set up. the only thing I had to adjust was the rear ride height. At first my rear strut spring cups were set at the lowest setting, so the car actually looked lower in the back than in the front. it looked like the car was sagging kinda. so i moved the springs to the upper setting, added about a 1/4 inch of height to the wheel gap, and now the car sits perfectly level. and the 18's fill the wheel wells nicely. overall i am very satisfied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts