SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 radio has finally quit working after several weeks of intermintant radio reception. It would work for a while, then I would get static like the antenna was disconnected. after sitting for a while it would work again only to repeat itself. CD works fine. I am going to replace the EHU (Radio - mounted on the CD player bracket, not the control panel above) from one from a junk yard. My question is does anyone know if the units from 2004 - 2006 will work in a 2003.
Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
EHUs can be swapped easily, no tech II required, or atleast not here in the UK anyway, imagine its the same for all markets. I was running a 2006 EHU in my 2003 due to the aux-in resistor problem early EHUs had, that worked no trouble.
Steve

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
rsances said:
Tech II is needed to add/remove/readd.

just like the ole marry/divorce to the car..
As I said in my post above, tech II is not required for the EHU to be swapped over. I know this from experience, as I have done it. The EHU I fitted was bought cheap through a dealer network website, I don't know if it had been in another car previously or not.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I believe you are both right - the EHU can be swapped with or without Tech II.
However, the caveat to doing this without Tech II is that the 2 sound system types are the same - i.e. the new unit is set up with the same number of speakers and the same type of CD player. If the car set-up and the donor unit's set-up are different Tech II will be required to reconfigure.

In other words, if your car has the 7 speaker system with the 6 in-dash CD then the replacement unit must be from a car with the same set up, or else it will need to be reconfigured.

Brand new out of the box units will require Tech II to get them working.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
JBob said:
I believe you are both right - the EHU can be swapped with or without Tech II.
However, the caveat to doing this without Tech II is that the 2 sound system types are the same - i.e. the new unit is set up with the same number of speakers and the same type of CD player. If the car set-up and the donor unit's set-up are different Tech II will be required to reconfigure.

In other words, if your car has the 7 speaker system with the 6 in-dash CD then the replacement unit must be from a car with the same set up, or else it will need to be reconfigured.

Brand new out of the box units will require Tech II to get them working.
Guess I was just lucky with the unit I recieved then.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts