SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the icm2 and have bought an icm3.

the new system also comes with this:Saab EHU (entertainment head unit) this is controlled by the ICM3 unit and controlls audio. Saab part no:12761503

don't I have one of these in my car already or is this one different to the one controlled by the icm2?

·
Registered
87 Posts
You already have it. It is the actual ''radio'' which you control with the ICM. It sits behind your ACC panel and is exactly the same in every 9-3.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
According to the EPC, the EHU comes with quite a few different part numbers, depending on which market they are for. For example:
12761500 - 2006, Japan.
12761501 - 2006, LHD, CA, PA, USA
12761502 - 2006, EU
12761503 - 2006, EU (this is the only one listed along with the navigation system, so it may contain some extra programming for operating the nav system)
If you are fitting the nav system to work properly, I would suggest fitting the new EHU, just to be sure you are using the correct parts.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stevedol said:
According to the EPC, the EHU comes with quite a few different part numbers, depending on which market they are for. For example:
12761500 - 2006, Japan.
12761501 - 2006, LHD, CA, PA, USA
12761502 - 2006, EU
12761503 - 2006, EU (this is the only one listed along with the navigation system, so it may contain some extra programming for operating the nav system)
If you are fitting the nav system to work properly, I would suggest fitting the new EHU, just to be sure you are using the correct parts.
EPC??????????

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm 100% sure that there are no hardware differences between the EHU's.

I would suggest you keep your old one installed because this device has nothing to do with navigation options and installing a new one only makes it more difficult. (The EHU is linked with the VIN number, so installing a different one only makes it more complicated, it is not Plug&Play as with a new ICM.)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
WooSAABy said:
EPC??????????
EPC = Electronic Parts Catalogue
WIS = Workshop Information System
The computer based service manual and parts list that Saab dealers and service centres use.
Steve.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Ronin9-3 said:
I'm 100% sure that there are no hardware differences between the EHU's.

I would suggest you keep your old one installed because this device has nothing to do with navigation options and installing a new one only makes it more difficult. (The EHU is linked with the VIN number, so installing a different one only makes it more complicated, it is not Plug&Play as with a new ICM.)
Sorry, but the EHU is not VIN linked, at least not in the UK market, I know this because I fitted a 2006 unit with part number 12761502 in my 2003 Aero to overcome the early units aux in resistor problem. No trouble with the new unit, and no tech II reprogramming required. It is Plug-and-Play, or atleast to a certain extent, Tech II would be required if the new EHU came from a car, or was programmed for, a different speaker configuration then the car it was going into. Also taken from an old stereo thread
Entertainment said:
The EHU is not married into the system!
You can switch one EHU from one car to an other, this way you can test other EHU's in your car if you want to.
As I said earlier, EPC, see above for definition, lists 127603, as the EHU for European market Navigation system, 127600, 127601 & 127602 are not. (there are a couple of other part numbers for the EHU as well).
What is/isn't required could easily be confirmed by a helpful parts & service assistant at the dealership.
Steve.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stevedol said:
Sorry, but the EHU is not VIN linked, at least not in the UK market, I know this because I fitted a 2006 unit with part number 12761502 in my 2003 Aero to overcome the early units aux in resistor problem. No trouble with the new unit, and no tech II reprogramming required. It is Plug-and-Play, or atleast to a certain extent, Tech II would be required if the new EHU came from a car, or was programmed for, a different speaker configuration then the car it was going into.
As I said earlier, EPC, see above for definition, lists 127603, as the EHU for European market Navigation system, 127600, 127601 & 127602 are not. (there are a couple of other part numbers for the EHU as well).
What is/isn't required could easily be confirmed by a helpful parts & service assistant at the dealership.
Steve.
Hi Steve, this is what I've bought. Genuine saab sat nav system. All items brand new and boxed.

This consists of :

Saab ICM3 (infotainment control unit) with colour lcd screen Saab part no:12772171 (replaces ICM1 or ICM2)

Saab EHU (entertainment head unit) this is controlled by the ICM3 unit and controlls audio. Saab part no:12761503

Saab DVD ROM reader (reads sat nav dvd) Saab part no:12768494

Saab CU/PU (positioning unit) Calibrates and controlls sat nav. Saab part no:12805668

No wiring loom, mounting bracket (for dvd reader),GPS (shark fin) antenna or sat nav dvd disc included.

is there anyway of confirming that these parts are definatly comaptible with my vehicle without having to go for tech2 at dealer? cheers.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
WooSAABy said:
Hi Steve, this is what I've bought. Genuine saab sat nav system. All items brand new and boxed.

This consists of :

Saab ICM3 (infotainment control unit) with colour lcd screen Saab part no:12772171 (replaces ICM1 or ICM2)

Saab EHU (entertainment head unit) this is controlled by the ICM3 unit and controlls audio. Saab part no:12761503

Saab DVD ROM reader (reads sat nav dvd) Saab part no:12768494

Saab CU/PU (positioning unit) Calibrates and controlls sat nav. Saab part no:12805668

No wiring loom, mounting bracket (for dvd reader),GPS (shark fin) antenna or sat nav dvd disc included.

is there anyway of confirming that these parts are definatly comaptible with my vehicle without having to go for tech2 at dealer? cheers.
I am at work at the moment, so cannot check part numbers, but will when I'm at home tomorrow. I know you didn't get the wiring loom or antenna with what you purchasde, but do you have these from another source, or are you still looking for them, not that I know where to get any.
Steve.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stevedol said:
I am at work at the moment, so cannot check part numbers, but will when I'm at home tomorrow. I know you didn't get the wiring loom or antenna with what you purchasde, but do you have these from another source, or are you still looking for them, not that I know where to get any.
Steve.
I am still to get those items. do you know the part numbers? I am still to get the mounting bracket for the dvd player also. where did you get this electronic parts catalogue from and how do I get a copy? you've been a great help, many thanks.
Ash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts