will a 2004 fit a 2007 with new dash layout
need part number please, is it printed on the egr valve

9-3 1.9tid 2007

many thanks

des

·
Registered
15 Posts
More to the point, EGR's from 2007 onwards were of a slightly different design to try and eliminate the problems with the pin sticking.

No point in replacing your current one with another that is probably worse

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More to the point, EGR's from 2007 onwards were of a slightly different design to try and eliminate the problems with the pin sticking.

No point in replacing your current one with another that is probably worse
ok my car is 07 so does that mean i can get an 08 newer design to fit or do i need to stay with the old design.
I want to refurb one so i can just swap out without any down time

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok my car is 07 so does that mean i can get an 08 newer design to fit or do i need to stay with the old design.
I want to refurb one so i can just swap out without any down time
Any EGR that that engine from 2003 onwards will fit (including those from Vectras and Astras), but it would be best to get one made after 2007 to eliminate the sticking pin.

I already do what you're planning, and have 2 EGR's which i rotate every few months. TBH mine doesn't get driven that gently so they never get that clogged up anyway ;ol;

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can buy blanking plates and other modified plates with smaller diameter holes to try and speed up the air through the EGR - as i understand it, most result in an error being set the and EML coming on

Only effective way would be to program it out of the ECU so that it never opens, probably for a small fortune!

TBH it wouldn't bother me if it was just the EGR as they're fairly easy to attend to - it's the knock on effects on the swirl flaps which ultimately means a whole new intake manifold :cry:

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can buy blanking plates and other modified plates with smaller diameter holes to try and speed up the air through the EGR - as i understand it, most result in an error being set the and EML coming on

Only effective way would be to program it out of the ECU so that it never opens, probably for a small fortune!

Like most other modern engines then? I have a remap for my Land Rover which keeps the EGR closed and doesn't throw an Engine Malfunction light.

I am thinking of getting a Vtuner remap, maybe I should ask Brian if the remap includes shutting off the EGR?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts