SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a fully functioning Tech2 setup I use on my MY11 TTid 160 convertible.
So far I have reset the Tyre size and done various other tweaks successfully.

Today I was resetting the service interval after doing my 5k oil change & filters etc when I noticed an option in the add / remove section for 'EGR Valve Replaced'.

Since I have replaced the EGR valve and added a restrictor plate in a moment of madness I selected this option.

The car is now in restricted performance limp mode.

My only guess is that the restrictor plate is interfering with the initialization of the EGR system and upsetting the calibration of the 'new' valve the ECU is trying to do ?

I'm going to remove the plate and then re select the option and see if that cures it, then put the plate back on.

I was wondering if there were any calibration values needed to be entered in the Tech2 when this option has been used?

All thoughts or wisdom (other than if it ain't broke don't fix it!) appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your post you are correct, and also as I suspected.
To share my new found wisdom, indeed the issue was that with the restrictor plate in place the ECU was failing its new part calibration.
Plate was removed, new EGR re added in Tech2 and fault cleared. Test drove for 30 miles or so so ECU can re learn then put plate back in and all is good.

Also I tweaked my Tyre size to 1.94m and the speedo is now pretty much spot on for my 225 45 R17 Debikas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The point of this post was not to state that a restrictor plate restricts, I think I figured that out when Iinstalled it 18 months ago. The point is that if you tell the ECU that you have installed a new EGR valve it wil perform a recalibration that will be adversely affected by the presence of such a device, and to prevent the ECU forcing limited performance operation it will need to be temporarily removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts