SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 9-3 TiD Turbo Edition Automatic
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So I’ve had a fun 3 hour wait on a breakdown guy today. Drove my daughter to school and just as we got there I saw white smoke coming out of the left side of the hood. Parked it up, switched it off and made sure everyone was out of the car. Popped the bonnet and had a look but couldn’t see anything so rang my breakdown cover. 3 hours later he turns up and after having a look informs me that there is a crack in my egr exhaust hose. How easy is it to fix by myself as it looks like my mechanic can’t get here until next week and I need the car back asap as I have to drive kids to school? I’m attaching a pic
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2006 SC 2.8 Aero grey, 2007 9-3 SC TiD Linear black
9 Posts
Hi all,
So I’ve had a fun ....
Hi, looks like the 88kw TiD engine... I know well. The picture shows the tube that is carrying the coolant - is this the one that you were told is cracked? or the other tube or flexible tube that is shown underneath (a bit blurry)? This is the air / exhaust return to the EGR. The mount seems to have a crack, or am I wrong? If it is this one it is quite easy to change - if (and only in case if) the allan screws are not rusty and sit rock solid. Then all tries will fail and you will most likely destroy the screws.... :eek: But if you can get the screws out it is fairly easy. 2 Allan screws out then a clamp on the hose, that's it. Cheap part, no worries.
Or is it the above mentioned water tube? Took me several hours to change including draining the water cooler and so on.....
Maybe you could mark the crack on the picture?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Drill accessories Engineering Auto part Machine Coil spring

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wonder why it it white smoke. Then I assume water. this does not really match with the fault analysis of your mechanic or am I wrong?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, looks like the 88kw TiD engine... I know well. The picture shows the tube that is carrying the coolant - is this the one that you were told is cracked? or the other tube or flexible tube that is shown underneath (a bit blurry)? This is the air / exhaust return to the EGR. The mount seems to have a crack, or am I wrong? If it is this one it is quite easy to change - if (and only in case if) the allan screws are not rusty and sit rock solid. Then all tries will fail and you will most likely destroy the screws.... :eek: But if you can get the screws out it is fairly easy. 2 Allan screws out then a clamp on the hose, that's it. Cheap part, no worries.
Or is it the above mentioned water tube? Took me several hours to change including draining the water cooler and so on.....
Maybe you could mark the crack on the picture?
[/QUOTE
sorry, my bad, it’s the lower flexihose that’s cracked
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Pipe Automotive exterior

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes, ok, so this is the part I have posted a picture of. the 2 Alan screws are usually badly rusted and not easy to open but apart from that....it is easy. Can be around 45 Eur or so

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, ok, so this is the part I have posted a picture of. the 2 Alan screws are usually badly rusted and not easy to open but apart from that....it is easy. Can be around 45 Eur or so
So, my mobile mechanic has told me that it is a GM only part, or eBay if I’m lucky. Thankfully I have another friend who’s son has a garage and he can usually get the Mrs from Vauxhall straight off the shelf. So she goes in tomorrow morning and, hopefully, I’ll have her back tomorrow night.

Thanks for the help😊

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, my mobile mechanic has told me that it is a GM only part, or eBay if I’m lucky. Thankfully I have another friend who’s son has a garage and he can usually get the Mrs from Vauxhall straight off the shelf. So she goes in tomorrow morning and, hopefully, I’ll have her back tomorrow night.

Thanks for the help😊
Any success?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry. I got the car back Monday. Another £372 cos it took them 3 hours to get the old one off and they could only get the part from the Vauxhall dealer🤦‍♀️. Car no longer smells bad, but the stroppy sod is now in limp mode again😖. They scanned it for me and said it’s the Boost pressure sensor, open circuit, apparently (not a tech 2 scanner). Although the euro car parts site says I don’t have one. She’s sluggish in first, second and third, automatic, but hits her stride at 40mph although going uphill I can’t get more than 40mph out of her at the moment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts