SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the disk and pads done about 6 weeks ago but they have never been quit right. getting some squeel on depressing the pedal.

took it to the garage yesterday to get bushes, filter, drop link, pulleys done and asked for the brakes to be checked.

driving to work today the damn things are squeeling whilst driving, and its pretty loud.

gonna have to take them apart over the weekend :evil:

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
You can get anti-squeal paste for the brakes. Pretty much all it does is glue the pads to the caliper so they can't drag on the disc and make noise.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
3m do a product that you stick on the back of the pads [the mintex C tech pads we got for the 9000 came with these] squeal is minimal on these - though the ferodo ds2500 [ a much harder pad] comes without such packing and these are what I have on the 900 with no noise, my front discs are oem, rears are by mintex.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my front disks are brembo, the rears are saab genuine

pads are saab genuine front and back.

i still get a bit of wobble when braking lightly.

i will take them apart and re cooper ease them. i hope its not duff calipers!!

i will also get the wheels rebalanced and a tyre swapped over.

also might bleed the brakes again. i swapped to DOT5.1 when they were fitted so i will need to get some more.

the steering rack bush has made a difference for sure.

i got the mechanic to crack the line at the fuel filter instead of the fuse methd. hopefully it wont cause any pump damage.

T

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The pulse sensation is coming from the rotors. I just hate it when that happens. Makes sure that the bolts for the wheels have been torqued properly and evenly. Other than that, take your car to a mechanic and have the rotors measured for run out on BOTH sides of the rotor.

As for the squeek, you can get some spray stuff (I think GUNK makes them) which you apply on the rotor. I've told that it contains aluminium which is suppose to fill-in between the grooves left behind during machining. I think it's a temporary solution but it may save your sanity for the time being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts