SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with them sending a different brand of part that was ordered or parts that look used/dirty and not in bags?

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Eeuro got bought a few years ago and they are not doing their own shipping anymore - it's either the parent company's or outsourced. The guys packing parts are just random warehouse workers.

If you email them and tell them they will fix it. It's not ideal, but at least they take care of it.

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed them, just waiting to hear back. This is the 3rd time ordering from them but first time with a problem. It's kinda annoying because I planned on throwing on the new Bilsteins and Eibachs this weekend. Hopefully they will fix the problem. Maybe I'll just start ordering from the other sites instead of dealing with the hassle later down the road.

·
Registered
228 Posts
They had filed for bankruptcy was my understanding and have since been purchased by another company. They source parts from OE manufacturers. Many have had unfilled orders.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
They lost me when their shipping prices went sky high.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Free shipping over $99....;)
That would be sometime since I left, of course. ;)
$60 shipping on a $40 wheel liner did it for me. Maybe that's part of the reason they went bankrupt.

Reactions: mondo

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be sometime since I left, of course. ;)
$60 shipping on a $40 wheel liner did it for me. Maybe that's part of the reason they went bankrupt.
Wow, I would have left too and never looked back.
I'm new to the whole Saab thing, still learning were to buy and where not to. And also what brands to buy depending on the part.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I'm new to the whole Saab thing, still learning were to buy and where not to.
Save ya some time. I try to keep this up to date.

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Save ya some time. I try to keep this up to date.
Good deal thanks!

·
Registered
c900 vert, 04 9-5 5pd wagon, 10 9-5 aero
90 Posts
It's how orders are processed, Drop shipping. if you run a online ordering storefront the orders get processed through the different warehouses that have the item in stock.
No reason to order an item to my warehouse only to ship it to your house, just have it directly shipped to your house.
I order from a few of those places on the list and get my parts from the same warehouse.

On a business end it works. I think the problem is there is no quality control, ie an o-ring it's round...send it; and it's not the right diameter in thickness and does nothing to seal.
They ship to complete the order, so if you order an item you may get something close to or equivalent, but not exact.
If businesses would do random quality control orders, I think it would improve the satisfaction rate.

With items looking dirty, who knows how many warehouses and hands it went through to get to you.

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can see how they could have messed up the strut bearings. There is a generic part number sticker on both of them. Basically a grab and go throw them in the box with the other strut parts without looking at the brand. BUT, I see they are out of stock of the ones I ordered so THAT makes me wonder if the person was like "F it, I'll just throw these in the box" type of deal...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone had problems with them sending a different brand of part that was ordered or parts that look used/dirty and not in bags?
View attachment 282446 View attachment 282447
I am a great customer of eEuroparts.com, during many years they've been my mainly source of SAAB parts, some parts as I have noticed did not were packaged from the original supplier, your photos show parts that have changed in color maybe from long time storage or by the composite used to make them. I have returned just a few parts in many years which actually failed. But nothing to worry about. They´re a reputable company, yes, there were changes after the purchase of the company and move to Nashville, greatest of them for me is the inability of the new company to send parts internationally (I'm based in Mexico City), but fortunately I have managed to get parts fast going ground transport to my port of entry.
Cheers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've ordered from FCP Euro and eEuroparts and received a different brand than ordered. The problem was receiving a brand of inferior quality and of less cost and not being offered a refund of the price difference nor an apology. Customer service goes a long way towards retaining a customer.

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've ordered from FCP Euro and eEuroparts and received a different brand than ordered. The problem was receiving a brand of inferior quality and of less cost and not being offered a refund of the price difference nor an apology. Customer service goes a long way towards retaining a customer.
Exactly what happened with my order in terms of the strut bearings. I'm not playing that game. These days its getting harder and harder to find a reputable business or service without them cutting corners. The world of just good enough. That also doesn't fly with me....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had the same thing happen about a year ago.
I'd ordered a full set of radiator and heater hoses while doing a a bunch of maintenance on my wife's 01 Viggen Vert.
Knowing it to be kind of a PITA...and since I was replacing the AC compressor anyway, I opted to use a genuine Saab hose for the U-shaped bypass.
I'd specifically ordered that hose because it is much better formed, less prone to failure and just all round...better.
They sent the Pro-Parts hose instead despite a price difference I'd paid of about $7.
I quickly got a call into them and they corrected it immediately.

·
Registered
134 Posts
this is why it’s always worth charging a credit card with solid purchase protection (like many Amexes). Tell them you’re going to chargeback unless correct part is received, and chargeback if they don’t comply.

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They made right so far, emailed me a paid shipping label for return and will refund money once received. We will see, I'll report back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
View attachment 282446 View attachment 282447
I ordered from them. It came exactly like yours. I don't think my rear lower pad came with plastic bag. However, I use Lemforder top mount and bearing came with a box. I completely refresh all my control arms as well. It is overkill and waste money in my opinion at 100K.
Shoe Sneakers Wood Gas Box

·
Registered
07 Saab 9-3 60th
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered from them. It came exactly like yours. I don't think my rear lower pad came with plastic bag. However, I use Lemforder top mount and bearing came with a box. I completely refresh all my control arms as well. It is overkill and waste money in my opinion at 100K. View attachment 283006
I have 125k on mine if that makes you feel better...lol. Hopefully to see 200k or more out of this car. Never thought I'd like driving a Saab as much as I do. I wish I bought one years ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts