SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I was also taken aback at the statement that a 3-year old chassis is "aging." The departing generation of Bimmer 3-series has been in production since 2000, right? I can't recall ever having heard of the Bimmer 3-series as an "aging" chassis. Still, the term is relative and subjective. If the writer wants to consider it aging...that is his perogative.

As for the FWD, I do have some more sympathy for the writer on this issue. I have mixed feelings about FWD. I appreciate the packaging and safety advantages of FWD. On the other hand, even my 150hp 2.3 NA 900S breaks traction sometimes when I'm on the gas going around a sharp corner of broken pavement or in the wet. Whatever advantages FWD has, it suffers by comparison with AWD and RWD in the refinement category. Still, there is no need to say that the 9-3SS is outclassed merely because it is FWD. There are other FWD vehicles in the class that are not similarly derided - Volvo S40 and S60, Acura TL, Non-quattro A4 and A6, and the non-4motion Passat.

I hope SAAB offers both a AWD and FWD versions of all its cars - those who want the traditional FWD SAAB's will be happy and it will silence the carping of the automotive press and their minions. I normally see choice as a good thing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.