SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
A couple of weeks back, Saab had a roadshow for the new 9-3 Sportcombi, and I asked one of the guys about the criticism coming in about the "flat" sound despite the new exhaust system, and he claimed that the "real" version that has gone through Saabs audiolab hasn´t been driven by a reporter yet and that the sound will improve for the marketrelease. I hope he´s right.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Propofol said:
The expected AWD and 250 HP engine will look mighty attractive when it comes time to trade in my '04 Aero! I just hope that it will be somewhat fuel efficient.
That is actually one of the only 2 negative points journalists have found here in Sweden. The new V6 gives almost exactly 10 km/litre (sorry guys for using the metric system, perhaps you could talk to George W?) in comparison to the current aero version (210bhp) that takes 0,8 litres to travel 10 kms. All figures are based on mixed driving (perhaps ypu have the same way of measuring fuel consumption, we have open road, mixed and city).

BTW, the other negative point was that the engine is a bit two strong for 2WD, especially on wet roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.