SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question here. A few months ago, I had a local SAAB mechanic swap out my ECU. A month or so later, I was trying to diagnose a separate problem and had reason to believe this new problem lies in the new ECU. So I thought I would temporarily swap back to the old ECU just to see if the problem went away when I swapped back. When I put the old ECU in, the car wouldn't start. In fact, when I turned the key nothing happened at all, just silence. I'm confused why I couldn't go back to this ECU. I'm pretty sure the SAAB mechanic didn't do anything to the old ECU when he took it out during the swap.

Appreciate any help.

Car is 2004 9-3 Sedan.

·
Super Moderator
20,207 Posts
if he didnt say yes to multiple ecus when programming new one then its no longer recognized. disappointing

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quick question here. A few months ago, I had a local SAAB mechanic swap out my ECU. A month or so later, I was trying to diagnose a separate problem and had reason to believe this new problem lies in the new ECU. So I thought I would temporarily swap back to the old ECU just to see if the problem went away when I swapped back. When I put the old ECU in, the car wouldn't start. In fact, when I turned the key nothing happened at all, just silence. I'm confused why I couldn't go back to this ECU. I'm pretty sure the SAAB mechanic didn't do anything to the old ECU when he took it out during the swap.

Appreciate any help.

Car is 2004 9-3 Sedan.
Well that is strange because I did the same thing just few days ago. I had new ECU installed on my car because I thought the old one was bad. When I realized that was not the case I installed the old one back to the car. The car started with no problem. What you can do is to install the new one back to the car and then using program called TrionicCanFlasher try to save on your PC the bin file from that ECU. Then put the old back to the car and using the same program install that bin to your old ECU. See this very useful site, you have all the info HOW TO on that site : TxSuite | T8Suite

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Tech2/SPS ECU swap is not the same as a clone using CANFlasher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts