SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys recommend the BSR (speedparts) or Maptun ecu upgrade. I'm looking throuhg this website, and EIKPARTS for the BSR, and Maptun website for there's.

Are there any others I should be aware about. Maptun will apparently give me 10 more hp.

And another question, how loud is the JT 3in cat back... I don't want it so loud that I will be noticed in town, but when I get on it, I dont want it ricey either.

R

·
0 Posts
I have the speedparts software in my 2.0 Eco, and I have to say it's superb!

No problems at all, a slightly slow idle for the first two or so minutes after fitting, but since then it's been perfect.

One thing I have noticed though is that all the shove is much higher in the rev range, which does mean the gearbox shifts too early if I'm in a bit of a hurry, but I use the stick manually and all is well.

Other than that, no weird stuff going on and fuel economy is as good as ever.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the 3" JT on my car, love it. That said if I were buying one today I'd take a hard look at group 9's new stainless setup, it looks great and the tip looks like stock.

www.group9performance.com

couple sound bites of the JT (one .mov, on .mp3) the .mov is from a stationary camera as I go by at part throttle, the .mp3 is with a mic taped to the bumper at WOT.

http://aerosaaber.20megsfree.com/soundbites/ BEWARE POPUPS

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Find a place nearby that does a custom jobby. its much cheaper and it could be better quality???? All in all a full system for my car was about 260 bucks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts