SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Has anyone used this company
Ecutesting.com..
They say they can repair faulty ecu.. saab 93 1.8t sport anniversary 56 plate.. been have problems starts ok.. then engine light.. ruff idle.. stalling when idlering.. when restarting misfiring and white smoke from exhaust.. have spoken to someone who don't waste my money t8 ecu can't been repaired.. and said I need to buy used one and have it programmed. Is it possible to get ecu that's ment for b207 engine that has different ecu part number.. like for a aero ect.. any advice and information.. if you have hadvtje Sam probably.. or used this company to have repair..... thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ENGINE LIGHT ON P0687/6.. P0201/2/3/4 P0301.. SOMETIMES TRACTION CONTROL AND STABILITY CONTROL. RANDOMLY.. SOMETIMES WHEN GOING AROUND ROUNDABOUTS ABS WILL TRIGGER JUST ONE FRONT WHEEL... WHEN THE CAR HAS COOED DOWN STARTS AGAIN AFTER I DELETE CODE.. THEN NO ENGINE LIGHT AFTER DEIVING FOR ABOUT HALF HOUR LIGHT BACK ON AND ITS START TO IDLE RUFF.. THEN STALL SOMETIMES AND WHEN RESTARTING MISFIRING RUNNING RUFF AND WHITE SMOKE.. THEN ITS OK AFTER COOLED DOWN THAT THE ECU IS VERY HOT.. I HAVE FIT ECU HEAT SHIELD KIT.. BUT JUST THE SAME

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply .. this problem has really stressed me out, I Have OCD and anxiety.. and just want it fixed.. have been trying to find the right ecu.. t8 5556520.. do you know if its possible to use another t8 with different part number like 55353231 for b207e and have it programmed for my car.. which is 93 1.8t sport anniversary 56 plate.. thank for your help and advice..

·
Super Moderator
10,273 Posts
@Notoriouspm Yes other T8 pt# can be used,sure @Mimmi can confirm this.The right engine mangement software must be programmed on to it via tech2.. MY of your 9-3 is 07,confirm by checking 10 digit of vin from the left..8th digit gives engine variant so that should be an F with you saying it's an 1.8t..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you that's great as its hard to find the right ecu.. number mine 55565020.. but seen alot of others and I have seen this one..
SAAB 93 9-3 PETROL ENGINE CONTROL UNIT ECU B207E (1.8t)

Stage one mapped ECU tuned by Nordic certification is in photo’s (210hp)

Came off a good running car have covered 25k with this map and ECU no issues

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I have messaged your friend @Mimmi .. Hopefully this can be done and will help fix the problems I have been having.. Allan Dawson saab in Chichester are helping to they have teck2. So hopefully will get sorted soon.. big thanks for your help and advice.. thanks aerojon

·
Registered
475 Posts
I understand your anxiety and stress with This. I'm going through something similar except I have 2.8

Long story short, I'm gonna drop it off at GM dealership to get my ECU programmed to a donor.

Here's my thread with some great info as well

·
Registered
2011 9-3 Turbo4 (2.0T)
243 Posts
You won't keep the tune from someone else's car. Ignore that and don't pay extra for a tuned ecu from another car.

The way the process works is your ecu software is cloned to the replacement hardware - wiping its parent car's settings and tune.

Of course, you can get your own software tuned as well, and a tuner can do this in the process of giving you a replacement ecu (they copy your files, tweak them, and THEN write them to the new hardware - so it's a modified clone)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts