SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put an ECU from an '03 Aero in my '03 Linear. (I've got a TD-04 installed, and want to get the extra boost.) Does anyone know if an ECU from a manual trans. car will work in my slush-box (I have a source for a manual ECU, but can't find an auto)? Of course, I'll need to have the ECU mated, but just wondering if the auto tranny will work OK.

Eventually I will get my original ECU flashed, but I really can't be without my 9-5 for the week or two it'll take to have it sent out for flashing. So, short term I'll do a swap.

I've been running the TD-04 for over a year with the standard ECU.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Regarding your transmission there will be no problems. All T7 software are designed for both manual and automatic transmissions.

However!

You will encounter some limiters in the program that will limit the power due to your chassinumber. If you want to get "aero-power" out of the program, you have to enter a aero VIN in the software to bypass the limiter.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yes, it's no problem, just 2 numbers to change to marry the ECU to the car (VIN +immobilizer code). The code inside the ECU will contain all instructions for manual vs auto so there's nothing special to do.

Go to the following sites if you want to learn more about writing your own tunes or loading modified tunes, it's a bit of a steep learning curve but potentially worth it:
http://trionic.mobixs.eu/ (look at the doc for the T7 suite)
trionictuning
ecuproject

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Where are you in VT? I think the tuner I use is coming up to do a few tunes for me in the next week or 2. He'd be happy to do a couple more while he's in town if you're interested. We'll likely be set up at a friend's shop in Milton

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just south of Burl. When is he coming up? I could take a sick day.... Send me a PM

·
Registered
282 Posts
Probably would be cheaper and more beneficial to just get a tune, Which is also capable of marrying the ECU.

Im located in southern NH, and know a little about tuning/marrying these T7 cars,

shoot me an email
[email protected]
Mike D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
buy a spare

Buy a spare for programming and keep your original.

I just bought a spare ECU on eBay for 9.99 + 15.00 shipping.

I took it apart and it is beautiful shape. I am going to ship it off for stage 1 programming with the VIN from my car and the immobilizer code from the sticker on the side of my connector

·
Registered
237 Posts
just been looking at this and is very cool... how can the different information be displayed on the s.i.d. because that would be real good... i assume i have to build an interface, or buy an interace to connect to the obd port... any more tips on how to get this to work, and has anyone done this...

Al...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
it is part of the t7 suite of software that lots of tuners use. JZW Performance supplies it as part of the tuning package. I guess you press - and+ to get into this mode.

John White on JZW

"I now offer the sid display function with all T7 tuning so you can now see airmass request, airmass reached, torque request, timing advance, hp calculation, coolant temp, intake air temp, etc is all visable through the sid display. You press the - and + key together and you get all the good information, you press clear and it reads just like the normal sid."

·
Registered
282 Posts
just been looking at this and is very cool... how can the different information be displayed on the s.i.d. because that would be real good... i assume i have to build an interface, or buy an interace to connect to the obd port... any more tips on how to get this to work, and has anyone done this...

Al...
no interface needed, its a super easy conversion i do with every T7 tune. No extra cables needed! its all in the T7 Ecus software. no wireing work nessicary, just a tune

i feel like i know "ne swede" in real life, do i?

·
Registered
282 Posts
i usally charge 150 USD + shipping to reprogram your existing ecu. this includes a performance tune with the open SID option

·
Registered
839 Posts
Buy a spare for programming and keep your original.

I just bought a spare ECU on eBay for 9.99 + 15.00 shipping.

I took it apart and it is beautiful shape. I am going to ship it off for stage 1 programming with the VIN from my car and the immobilizer code from the sticker on the side of my connector
:suprised; 25 bucks for an ECU how did you find that ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
smai
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing