SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are 9000 turbo and 9000 aero ECU's the same?
I was just wondering this because I have a 9000 Aero with a "9000 Turbo" ecu in it.
I am assuming that the only difference is the Td-04 as opposed to the T25.
I say this because I had my car taken to the dealer in Syracuse, New York when i bought it and they replaced the ECU because of a short.
They put in an ECU with 9000 Turbo written on it.(found out when installing TCS off switch)
I'm wondering if they tuned it to Aero specs OR if they ECU's are the same?
Any info is welcomed. Thanks in Advance..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the part number 9136490 and serial number 013330 w513 04101-03.
It says 93 Auto and 9000T on it. I'm pretty sure they cheated my out of an ECU. And mines a manual.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Might be that you are on to something; manual ECU's are different than autos, and 1993 Aero Trionic ECU's are rare and costly.

You should closely examine your invoice, if they claim to have replaced it you need to go back to them. Possible strategy is to check the ECU part number with another Saab dealer or a Saab tuner and figure out what you currently have.

Good luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They claimed to have replace it with a "used trionic ECU US" that cost $225.
I am still calling them tomarrow and complaining that they replaced it with the wrong ECU.
And I know that 93 Aero ECU's are unique because they are 1st year T5 and they are remapped versions of the 9000CSE.
I am hoping for them to replace my "93 auto 9000t" ECU with the correct "93 Manual 9000 Aero" ECU.
The only change between 93 and 94 are the rims, ECU, and the upgraded tranny.
Are 94-98 9000 Aero ECU's compatible?

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
no the 94 on ecu is not the same as the 93 ecu, the 93 ecu uses a hall effect trigger behind the front pulley like the bosch lh/di system for crank angle info, from 94 the crank sensor was a voltage genarator fixed into the crank case so send differant signals to each other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts