SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to replace my ECU after it was damaged in a minor accident. I've found an ECU with the right part number on cartechelectronics.com but it seems like a hassle to get a hold of the cables which fit. I talked to a car dismantler today who said he could send me the right cabels. The donor car is the same year and model as mine, the difference is that the donor car has a B207E and is a manual compared to my 1.9TTiD automatic. Do you think it would be possible for me to still use this cable and join them together with the existing ones on my car? The car is a 9-3 Vector -08, for your information.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
All T8 B207x ECUs have same wiring on the connectors. Are you replacing the connectors or the entire wiring harness?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All T8 B207x ECUs have same wiring on the connectors. Are you replacing the connectors or the entire wiring harness?
It’s the ECU which is located under the glove compartment, a Bosch EDC16C39, at least that’s what I’ve googled my way to. I only need to change the connector but some wires were bad so the mechanic I talked to advised me to buy a new connector with a pigtail to join together we with the old wires. This is the ECU which I’m buying and needing a connector to. Plug & Play Bosch Engine ECU, Saab 93 1.9TTiD, 0281015212, 0 281 015 212, 55568896, 55 568 896

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
No, you can not use any of Trionic8 connectors, wiring looms etc.
You need EDC16 wiring loom (or fix broken wires/connectors yourself).

BTW: It is not rare that EDC16 have worn out casing and mud/water/dirt is inside of it.
You can not re-use it if casing have hole.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I know that I’ll need a EDC16 connector and wiring loom. The question is rather if the donor car which is the same model as mine, besides engine and gearbox, has the same uses an EDC16 and wiring harness and connectors as I do? And if it’s the same connector and wiring could I still use it even taking both cars differences into account. The car dismantler is sending pictures tomorrow but I’m too curious to wait. I don’t know a lot about cars so if I come along as dumb I apologise:

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
No.
Engine wiring harness is related to engine model.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What Mimmi said is correct. For some reason I had the impression there were three cars involved. :p

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
It’s the ECU which is located under the glove compartment, a Bosch EDC16C39, at least that’s what I’ve googled my way to. I only need to change the connector but some wires were bad so the mechanic I talked to advised me to buy a new connector with a pigtail to join together we with the old wires. This is the ECU which I’m buying and needing a connector to. Plug & Play Bosch Engine ECU, Saab 93 1.9TTiD, 0281015212, 0 281 015 212, 55568896, 55 568 896
Maybe you could tell us more about the problem as the EDC16C39 ECU lives under the drivers side front wheel arch liner just behind the headlight..........

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Right side front wheel arch.
Swedish started driving on right side of road in sep 3 1967 (called H day).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts