SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried an Ecotek CB-26P in their 9000CSE (non-turbo)? Was it easy to do and was it worth it?
Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've heard good things about these devices, though unfortunately just from the people selling them!

Can't remember hearing anything independent - the Ecotek site has loads of reviews on the product from places like "Max Power", "VW Driver" etc - though obviously they wouldn't put on any bad reviews!

Sounds too good to be true, though you never know.

·
Registered
264 Posts
nick

i installed an ekotec on my 1985 900T16S last year (i know its not a 9000, but i'm moonlighting from the other forum!!)

was amazed at fuel economy improvements - measured very basically - miles achieved on a full tank went up from c.250 to c.300...

can't say i noticed any performance advantages, but i've got a RRFPR which improved off-boost pick up no end - so perhaps without the RRFPR, the ekotec would have produced the claimed performance responses...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on Feb 28, 2002 5:32pm ]</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was it easy to fit?

I'd be more interested in the performance than the economy. Mind you, any increase on 25 mpg would be welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'll try it out, but have a nasty feeling that it will need to be tapped into the inlet manifold as I have heard elsewhere that the hydraulic ABS mucks the normal arrangement up.

Will let everyone know if it's a goer.

Cheers Nick
1983 99GL
& soon to be 9000CSE

·
Registered
264 Posts
sorry, i've been away from this board for a while..........

it's dead easy to fit if you don't have abs - cut inlet manifold to brake servo vacuum tube, and insert ecotek in line with 2 hose clips, as near to manifold as poss. setting up takes 5 mins.

as to direct insertion in manifold - yes, it can be done - there was extensive posting on this on the 900 board a while back.

tapping is not required - you can push it into the rubber bung thing where the small hoses go...

do a search on the 900 board, although it may have been before the september 2000 site revamp...

i did save some of this stuff at the time so i could re-post if required

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on Mar 15, 2002 4:41pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on Mar 15, 2002 4:42pm ]</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
it's dead easy to fit if you don't have abs </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

No good for me then (mine has ABS/TCS) - I think most/all 9000's from about 1991 onwards will have ABS. :sad:

·
Registered
264 Posts
but if you have ABS, you can go for the direct fit in the manifold - as i said, it looks v easy to do.........

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
This board seems to be full of moonlighting 900 owners at the moment.

Interesting article in CCC this month concerning the operation and testing of an Ecotek on the VW/Audi 1.8 20v unit. On this engine atleast no improvements or changes were noted at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Alex
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing