SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Am currently clocking up roughly 550 miles a week in my 89 16s, which is obviously costing me a few bob petrol-wise (though obviously in great speed and style!). Saw the Ecotec CB-26P device mentioned in the Sunday Times drive section, and had a look at their website (http://www.ecotekplc.com) which is naturally glowing. Am quite tempted as would help with my bills but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/experiences with one on their Saab, as it sounds a little too good to be true! I'd be interested on people's thoughts as to wether it would have any effects on engine condition and reliability too.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Andrew.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ken, it appears that the general concensus is favourable - I'm still interested in any potential long-term reliability issues that may be caused by it though, does anyone have any fact/speculation on this?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have had mine on for about 35,000 miles now and have no problems. I had a bit of a problem with the car stalling and hunting for idle but once I put the ecotek on it got rid of it. it also gives sharper acceleration and better fuel economy.
it is fairly easy to install, took me about 6 mins and has saved me a fair bit in petrol. I would heartedly recommend it :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts