SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I plan to upgrade my 2000 2.0 LPT Sedan ECM to Stage 1 and have the following query:

1. Is it correct that if I remove the existing T7 ECM from my 2000 95 Auto Sedan and send the ECM to the tuner for download the software, then NO Tech II is needed for matching.
  2. Moreover, since the whole process for the tuner to download and send the tuned ECM back to me is about 2 weeks, will it be any problem if the car is without the ECM for this 2 weeks period.

·
Registered
199 Posts
1. Maptun/Nordic etc send you a new chip to plug in replacement for your old one. They use the VIN to tune the chip to your car so it comes pre mated and no need for a tech II. You need to return your existing t7 to them for storage or pay an extra fee.

BSR is the exception and they send you a PPC module that you plug in and it does it all for you.

2. Your car would not run without the ecm. Luckily you dont have to do without it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advice.

I still have the query that if I remove the ECU from my car for tuning for about 2 weeks time and then put the tuned ECU back into my car directly (assuming that the tuner has set the VIN for my car and NO Tech II is required for matching), can my car be started right away.

Because a techician told me if the ECU is removed from SAAB for a long time, the car will not start even the same ECU is put back into the car later. It has to be fixed by a Tech II for re-connection. Is it true?

Best Regards!:lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't understand why you are taking your ecm out for two weeks?!
If you are getting a chip then all you do is wait for the new one, put it in and send your old (original) back to Nordic or whoever. With BSR, just wait for the PPC and retune at your coinvenience. Takes about 20 min. And you dont have to dismantle, remove anything!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since the ECU from the tuner may be used or 2nd hand one, so I prefer to send my own ECU to the tuner for downloading which I feel more comfortable.:lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's going to be tuned for your car, and it also presumably going to be under warranty.

If you are worried about someone elses ECM coming then get the BSR PPC.

Don't see what the problem is, but hey, if you dont want to drive your car for 2 weeks then go ahead :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your advice!:D

Actually, I have also considered whether to tune my car by BSC or other tuners, i.e. Nordic, Maptun, or SQR. Being a layman to computer, my concern about BSR is whether there will be any impact on the ECU if I swap the program from time to time (but not frequently). Could anyone with BSR share thier experience!

Regarding the other tuners, in my personal experience, the support and service provided by Nordic is very good. Quick response and detailed explanation. But its listed price for tuned software is the 2nd expensive with Hirsch the 1st.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts