SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read dozens of posts and haven't really seen this issue addressed (considering the group buys of Krona DP)... ECM has no CEL or codes, but cat and O2 are "not ready".

Stock 9-5 AERO, no tune. Muffler rotted out. Replaced with OBX SS system. A month later, the converter flange broke. Replaced with Krona 3" DP w/ cat.
Replaced O2 sensors with NTK (21531, 25592).
Battery died during the 2+ months that it was off the road waiting for me to remove turbo and extract the broken studs :-/

Runs great, not overly loud, turbo spools fast and is more audible than before the DP. No codes, no CEL.
But after 300+ miles over a month of varying drives, the car failed inspection due to ECM not ready (cat and O2)
Viewed O2 values while idling and both fluctuate at an even rate, varying between 0.05-0.775V

Searching other import performance forums results in countless threads specifying the need for a spacer on the downstream O2. But before I go that route, I'm curious if /why nobody else using Krona on Saab has encountered this?

Did I miss something?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I realize that a tune is a great compliment to a 3" exhaust. I didn't install this system for performance gains (yet). My exhaust needed to be replaced and rather than spend $$ on stock replacement, I'd rather invest in parts that contribute toward a future goal of higher performance. Right now, my focus was just getting the car on the road again.

I never expected that the exhaust would cause me so many new issues.
I/M Readiness is required in NH. Also the station doesn't like the OBX muffler because it is "straight through" design... even though it's much quieter than EVERY import on the road with a "fart can" muffler.

I know a tune can eliminate the rear O2, but will that set I/M Readiness for cat and O2? My guess is that's only for states that don't check?

So many Saab enthusiasts use the Genuine Saab or Krona DP that I thought there must be advice on this issue... even if it's just confirmation that I need to extend the rear sensor.

Currently looking at this https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-11619-J-Style-Restrictor-Adjustable/dp/B00AQ7972O/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 , unless someone says it won't work, or someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts