SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone thru several used DIC's. I can get them from a salvage yard pretty cheap but usually they throw codes or within a few months of use they throw codes. Getting kind of tired of throwing money away as well as all the trouble.
Are the new ebay DIC's any good? Do they last very long. I think at this point I'd rather spend some extra $$$ and get a new one.

Opinions?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
im in that stage as well, im in the market for a DIC. I have 2 codes thrown...P1312 n P0340, and from researching everything leads to the DIC!! A new OEM is almost $500 and thats a lil steep...so if you get any feedback i would much appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
But the new factory one will last 75K miles, so it's only .7 cents per mile!

Might be a better choice that throwing away money on used ones or Chinese made ones.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
When you buy an E-bay DIC you have to look at the part No# sticker, the see how old it is. And only buy DIC's with this sticker on it. If it has no sticker it's a cheap chinese knock off and is a POS.

See in the bottom left corner "0826". That means it was made 2008 in the 26th week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Decided to try one of the new cheap ebay DIC's. Should be in Friday or Saturday. We'll see how it goes and I'll report back.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I am looking into my crystal ball now. I already know what's going to happen

We see these cheap e-bay DIC's all the time ;).

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
Keep us advised... particularly if it wears out in a year. Ther've been a few reports of that but we'd all like to hear more success or failure stories.

FYI - Standard Ignition is selling some (rockauto)... they have their own Far East plants so there's a chance the quality could be higher.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My friend was offered a large quantity of copies not long back. They turned out to be very poor quality and failed almost straight away. I would still go down the used route if it were my money.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for the info, is their a way to repair a DIC? It has 4 coils, could you take it apart, and replace the failed coil?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Thanks for the info, is their a way to repair a DIC? It has 4 coils, could you take it apart, and replace the failed coil?
Nope. Once they are gone, Their gone.
They do make good hat racks.

I picked up a good used DIC from the US not long ago For like $150 bucks shipped to OZ, 08 model.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I see eeuroparts has a Swede aftermarket unit for $364 they claim has a 0% return rate. It comes with NGK sparkplugs also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts