SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my bulbs just went out and I thought I might rice up my 03 Convertible with those blue lights they sell on ebay...They are pretty inexpensive so I am guessing they might not be that good? Anyone have any experience here. I don't want to upgrade to the HID kit nor do I want to spend 50 bucks on sylvannia silverstars. If these things suck I will just get an 8 dollar replacement from autozone or something.

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
They won't put out as much light as the stock bulbs, and probably won't last long, either. If you don't want to spend the big bucks for Silverstars (perfectly understandable), then you might look at GE Nighthawks or Sylvania Xtravision. You might also look at www.powerbulbs.com, which sells some of the better European bulbs we don't get in the US and will ship for free.

·
Registered
917 Posts
They're cheap, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I've had a few pairs and just like Jeremy said, they don't put out as much light and they don't last very long. Also, many ebay sellers tout "lifetime warranties" and other guarantees...ignore these, last time the seller simply ignored all messages I sent.

That said, my foglights are out, and I'm thinking about getting some matching faux xenon headlamps/fogs. :)

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Yes but an HID kit in headlights not meant for HID can give you marginal results depending on the car.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I've used the Xenons and Foglight on ebay with no problem.. at all and I am still using them to this day..it's been a couple month but I just bought a HID conversion kit from Xenonlink.com and I am going to have it prof installed sometime this week i hope.. in terms of the fog light I just got some new ones off of ebay they are blue xenon real nice cant wait to install them.:cheesy:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Personally I hate these freekin HID lights! :evil: I had a guy behind me the other day in a new Audi with them. The lights we so bright I had to flip up my mirror. :nono; Is this necessary? I say no! It's seriously annoying to other drivers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Blue lights a nuisance on the road

I haven't figured out why, but those blue lights have a blinding effect on me. I hate 'em.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
I know I got on here yesterday and warned about them...but after looking at how cheap they are going for, I may grab a set and try them out.:cheesy: I hate how little light my 9-5 headlights put out.:roll:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I decided to go with the Sylvania "Cool Blue" lights. Sylvania makes a good product and I got a good price on ebay. I didn't want to go with the no names on ebay.

Sylvania has the Cool Blue lights under their perfomance bulbs category, like the Silverstars. I got the cool blues for 15 shipped to me from ebay. Silverstars were like 40 bucks...

No plans on going the HID conversion route. It isn't worth it to me. Too pricey.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have a set of the European Osram Silverstar bulbs. To be honest I didn't see much difference in light output compared to the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs they replaced. However, they are supposed to be more robust. I think I am closing in on about 10 months for my Osram Silverstars with no problems. Prior to that I had Sylvania Silverstars for about a year with no problem.

·
Registered
917 Posts
mikeucr said:
I decided to go with the Sylvania "Cool Blue" lights. Sylvania makes a good product and I got a good price on ebay. I didn't want to go with the no names on ebay.

Sylvania has the Cool Blue lights under their perfomance bulbs category, like the Silverstars. I got the cool blues for 15 shipped to me from ebay. Silverstars were like 40 bucks...

No plans on going the HID conversion route. It isn't worth it to me. Too pricey.
May I ask where you managed to pick yours up? Most of the ones on ebay are no-name brands, and I don't want to waste my money again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts