SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Saab 900SE 2.0L turbo vert
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just learned of this on YouTube:

The main point I took from today's lesson was that you need to have a (9³ or 9⁵) stock head unit with the CD changer in the trunk, connected by the cable.
Will it work on our NG900s? Same CD/cable setup, but I fear the head unit is different, dooming this cool thing on our Swedish sleds. If so, is the only Bluetooth option for us a head swap?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
The NG900 has a completely different CD changer and cable than the 9-3 or 9-5. It uses a Clarion C-Bus interface instead. No one seems to have ever hacked the C-Bus protocol so you can use the CD input without a changer, but you can keep a changer connected, cut the audio lines, and connect those to another input. What I did on my '97 was to use a Parrot CK3000. It connects between the radio and the wiring, cuts the audio output from the radio when a call comes in, and has its own amplifier to power the car's speakers for calls. The big downside with that particular model is that it doesn't support streaming audio, but there are other Parrot models that do.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Saabaux and BlueSaab don't work on a NG900, unfortunately. The options for a NG900 are: hack the CD changer cable, use an FM modulator, use a cassette adapter, add an auxiliary input to the radio using the cassette input hack, or get a new head unit.

·
Registered
1997 Saab 900SE 2.0L turbo vert
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saabaux and BlueSaab don't work on a NG900, unfortunately. The options for a NG900 are: hack the CD changer cable, use an FM modulator, use a cassette adapter, add an auxiliary input to the radio using the cassette input hack, or get a new head unit.
Ok... darn it. 😕

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
I did all sorts of crazy stuff to my original radio in an effort to bring it up to date, but I ended up replacing it in the end. My current radio is a cheap Pioneer double DIN media receiver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts