SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to buy 9000 Aero 16' wheels and I have found one set, but they are "early type" Aero wheels. I just know how the "late type" looks and my request would be if maybe someone has a photo to post where these early type wheels can be clearly seen.

I wonder if they look as cool as the late model. Thank you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, now I see it.
The three spoke center piece is curved a bit differently at it's tips ...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here is what the early (1991-1993) Aero wheels look like. I like the style better than the Super Aero wheels, but the polished lip does require more maintenance:

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Wow your car is beautiful ! I prefer the regular Aeros too over the Super Aeros, not that I'm biased or anything ;)

Aaron Gilbert said:
Here is what the early (1991-1993) Aero wheels look like. I like the style better than the Super Aero wheels, but the polished lip does require more maintenance:

·
Registered
830 Posts
SaabKen said:
Wow your car is beautiful ! I prefer the regular Aeros too over the Super Aeros, not that I'm biased or anything ;)
You're talking about my car? Thanks! Unfortunately, that picture was taken just after it had been professionally detailed, about 10 months ago. It's not nearly as pretty right now. :( I'll try to shine it up again before next month, but no guarantees with our weather, as you know...

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
If you don't mind my suggestion, you might want to do clear turn signals and side markers.

Aaron Gilbert said:
You're talking about my car? Thanks! Unfortunately, that picture was taken just after it had been professionally detailed, about 10 months ago. It's not nearly as pretty right now. :( I'll try to shine it up again before next month, but no guarantees with our weather, as you know...

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Like Ken, I'm not at all biased

The 16' Aeros with polished lip look:cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Idk, i like the super aero rims alot but the older ones look really nice too, i guess it all depends on the color you have, idk how great the older style would look on my champagne colored CS, i think i will get the super aero next summer

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,806 Posts
I like both. I like the supers best though. I'm not biased either ;) .

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Grega said:
Woywitka, what size of tires did you have on those 16' early aeros?
195 55 R16- The correct size. Foreget the 205, and do not go to a 50 profile, too small.

The Kumho Ecsta is a bloody nice tyre considering the price, well suited for the 900 with upgraded wheels off the 9000.

PS- which car are you planning on changing the rims? The directional on you Vert look very nice:cool:

I really like you convertible, super jealous:suprised; -Beautiful car, you're very lucky.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SPG needs new tires and I've come across one guy who's selling the early aeros with 205/50-16 tires. Since 16's are hard to find I'll probably take them, but I'll consider your advice about the size of tires, thx.

Yep, I was lucky to get my nice Vert :D But the SPG needs a huge job - new paint, new interior ...

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have two full sets of the late style Super Aero's sitting in the backyard collecting weeds. I must not think they're that good looking since I have these 15's on my car instead.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts