SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm planning on getting a cold air intake system for my 99 93 turbo,,,, after doing some research i couldn't find any short ram or cold air intake made specifically for my car >..> hehe i got use to japanese and rice,,mugennn momo..lol anyhow i love my saab but finding parts is killing me >.> anyone got any sugesions on air intake?

Thanks ~~:cheesy:

·
Registered
733 Posts
no one makes a "cold air" for saabs that i know of. some people have made them. check out genuinesaab.com for an intake though. they have a ton of other good parts if you having trouble finding stuff.

hope this helps

ben

·
Registered
221 Posts
you could always go the old custom way. just find a good, very good, performance store close by, and see if they will do a custom job. it is just as good, and cheaper. now, make sure you know the guys there, cuz i don't know about you, but i don't trust to many people when it comes down to me car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
MPPerformance.com

Partsforsaabs.com
Genuinesaab.com
group9performance.com
abbottracing.com
jakstollperormance.com

try some of those

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Most short ram intakes are for show, not go.

Enlarge your airbox intake with a funnel and you're set....

·
Registered
113 Posts
many times a K&N drop in filter and modification of the existing air box actually does a better job of power then a cold air, part of the benefit of having a box is the heatshield effect it has.

like mike said, widen the intake hose on the underside of the intake box, make it huge if you can, and you`ll get all the benefits of both a cold air and a stock box.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
mike saunders said:
Most short ram intakes are for show, not go.

Enlarge your airbox intake with a funnel and you're set....
Here is what I did...cut out the stock intake pipe to the air box and replaced with a 3" PVC pipe, flared the end, and added a K&N.

Now I have had this on my car as well as a ram air intake without a heat shield and I serisouly think that the modded intake box is better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts