SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am strongly considering getting an E85 tune for my 06 2.0T (US) and I'm mainly wondering what
injectors, fuel pump, and a tune will cost and how much time it will take me. Plus I would also like to know what you guys recommend running.

·
Super Moderator
1,905 Posts
While I often run E85 in my Camaro SS, I know that is not much help to you unfortunately. But you’ll need a bump of about 30% in fuel flow to make similar power due to the BTU content difference. Unless the factory oversized the fuel system out of the box, I’m assuming it will all need to be upsized. Also, not sure if your lines, regulator, etc are all able to handle the ethanol without excessive corrosion? But it’s worth the effort IMO. My tailpipes stay clean even with my recent bump up to 770 BHP. It’s worth nearly 10% more power than regular 93 octane fuel, assuming you dial in the additional timing that E85 can support (5-7 degrees extra timing is typical).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I often run E85 in my Camaro SS, I know that is not much help to you unfortunately. But you’ll need a bump of about 30% in fuel flow to make similar power due to the BTU content difference. Unless the factory oversized the fuel system out of the box, I’m assuming it will all need to be upsized. Also, not sure if your lines, regulator, etc are all able to handle the ethanol without excessive corrosion? But it’s worth the effort IMO. My tailpipes stay clean even with my recent bump up to 770 BHP. It’s worth nearly 10% more power than regular 93 octane fuel, assuming you dial in the additional timing that E85 can support (5-7 degrees extra timing is typical).
That's what I'm mainly asking for in this post. idk if the factory injectors/fuel rail/fuel lines/fuel pump will work with E85, I'm really hoping to do it because boosted cars love E85 and E85 is at every pump

·
Super Moderator
20,196 Posts
Depends on airflow. More boost requires more fuel. I see no reason the components would have any issue running E85 since the biopower cars pretty much only got an injector upgrade. Add injectors, custom tune, enjoy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends on airflow. More boost requires more fuel. I see no reason the components would have any issue running E85 since the biopower cars pretty much only got an injector upgrade. Add injectors, custom tune, enjoy.
Awesome, thanks for the advice. Do you recommend any injector brand in particular? Or should I just get some generic ones?

·
Super Moderator
20,196 Posts
Are you sticking with the stock 14t?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yes I plan to keep everything as stock as possible.thanks for the link it is greatly appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts