SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, making a long story short..I Got a killer deal on a set of 8000k HID's. I Slapped them on my 93 CSE, damn they are bright as hell..however, they scatter the beam way too much to be legal or courtious. I have seen CS and CSE's with BMW E36 headlight conversions with projectors. They are posted all over ebay and I want to know what the process is to get these retrofitted to the SAAB. If anyone has a write up or a link to one that would be great. Thanks
c

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Do you have a link to these E36 headlight conversion kits? The E36 uses ' FISHEYE ' headlights, with a round surround.

·
Registered
302 Posts
the thing that sucks about that is they dont have them for my style 9000 92 and lower. I have the extended nose

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I say it is sacreligious to put those on the 9000.

Klim

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Sandro said:
Why? It increases the value of the car when you put these on.
Well if the value of the car is zero, putting E36 lights might actually increase its value, because they would be easy to sell to some bimmer guy (value of the car = 50% of headlights value (still >0))

In any other circumstances, like Aaron said, a modded used car is worth less than a stock used car (unless of course you have literally spent tens of thousands $$$ in the tune, but still you'll have to find the right buyer, and you wouldn't get all your money back anyway).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thats why you dont put tens of thousands of dollors into the car smart one if you do that your keeping the car if not the car better be sold to some stupid sucker on EBAY

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Sandro said:
Thats why you dont put tens of thousands of dollors into the car smart one if you do that your keeping the car if not the car better be sold to some stupid sucker on EBAY
Nice attitude :roll:

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Sandro said:
Minus the part about trying to fool some poor buyers, that's (part of) what I said. Which, BTW, demostrates that what you were saying about E36 headlight increasing the value of the car is wrong. Repeating what other users wrote is pointless, doing to to prove your point wrong is... you tell me :confused:

You took the time to address to me with some name that is not mine. Do it again, with me or anybody else, and you won't be loggin in here anymore. Capisc? :(

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
I just got a ride in a friend's E36, man those headlight suck big time. Less light than my 9000's stock e-codes with Osram Silverstars and, even worse, the beam pattern is badly wrong. They were aimed right but the light was not uniform across the lit area, unlike my lights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts