SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88' SPG, 03' 9-3 2.0T
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to do the brakes this weekend but I'm having really hard time finding E18 and E20 torx sockets locally. I've tried all the possible places around and none have them, unless special order. Has anyone tried using an SAE socket on the caliper bolts with luck? Is there anything close in SAE to the metric E18/E20, or do I just have to get it online and postpone the job? :evil:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
So I want to do the brakes this weekend but I'm having really hard time finding E18 and E20 torx sockets locally. I've tried all the possible places around and none have them, unless special order. Has anyone tried using an SAE socket on the caliper bolts with luck? Is there anything close in SAE to the metric E18/E20, or do I just have to get it online and postpone the job? :evil:
I got mine at autozone. Got a whole set actually. They were handy GREATLY with this car.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Harborfreight has the set for cheap. The issue is that most sets only goes up to E18...the E20 will have to be purchased separately.
Autozone's has E20. That's why I bought it lol. I purchased it specifically for the brakes, and was like, well, the other sizes would probably come in handy, which they have.

·
Super Moderator
1,978 Posts

·
Registered
88' SPG, 03' 9-3 2.0T
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the exact set I was checking out at Sears 2 days ago. There was a sample set, which you could try out on different kinds of bolts, including the torx. Fit wasn't entirely tight and I was hesitant, as I don't want to strip the caliper bolts. Ended up ordering the correct sockets online after all. Glad to hear it worked out well for you though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.