SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what people are putting out with just and MBC on a car like the one im getting.

Also, what engine management system is on this car, its an 02 4 door SE, is it L7 or L5?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
i threw down, 170 hp and 215 ftlbs. on a 90 degree day. with just a boost controller. i think stromer put down like 190 with an intake cat back and so forth.

and those would be T's
and you have a T7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
You have a T7. It's T7 and T5, and 2000+ (and 99 viggen) are T7. I hope you mean a smbc, as a regular mbc won't work on a t7. And even with the smbc, the results are so-so as the T7 is ever working to correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stromer said:
You have a T7. It's T7 and T5, and 2000+ (and 99 viggen) are T7. I hope you mean a smbc, as a regular mbc won't work on a t7. And even with the smbc, the results are so-so as the T7 is ever working to correct.
ah, crap. heh. whats the difference between an smbc and a mbc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
A smbc is a series manual boost controller. It work with a factory boost pressure solenoid to increase boost. I beleive it won't actually raise the peak boost however. And I'm not sure even what this peak boost psi is. I'm a t5 guy anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
hye man i am in CT too i am in Newington. I have a T7, dont get your hopes up with an Smbc cuz t wont raise boost unless u know what your are doing. last fall i put down 222whp with a catback, 6cm2 exhaust side on the td04 turbo, and an smbc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ricot83 said:
hye man i am in CT too i am in Newington. I have a T7, dont get your hopes up with an Smbc cuz t wont raise boost unless u know what your are doing. last fall i put down 222whp with a catback, 6cm2 exhaust side on the td04 turbo, and an smbc...
Im not so much looking to rais eboost, but rather just raise boost in the 1st 2 gears, does it work for that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
Yes...in a sense...The SMBC installed in series to the BPC will liven up the lower gears but as Rico pointed out, it shouldn't be used to raise peak boost. Some can get away with a little more without upsetting the the fickle t-7 system, others have not been able to do so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
i am one of those people that has gotten it to raise boost... and u were asking about dynoing with an mbc... now u just want it to liven up 1st and 2nd... i dont get it... those r two totally different questions...
which is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ricot83 said:
i am one of those people that has gotten it to raise boost... and u were asking about dynoing with an mbc... now u just want it to liven up 1st and 2nd... i dont get it... those r two totally different questions...
which is it?
Didnt realize the 02' had t-7 (im new, havent even driven my saab home from the dealer yet)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
I love it, car at the dealer and he's talking about the dyno. You seem like a candidate for an upgraded ecu!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top