Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 saab 9-3 arc
home made intake
wilder mod set at 15psi

car put down 196hp-219tq!

Stock the car is at 210hp crank 221tq

with a 20% drivetrain loss I calculated it to being a 28hp and 42tq increase!

Oh an the a/f was under 10 at full throttle. These cars are tuned so damn rich!

Next comes an intercooler and exhaust!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
2005 saab 9-3 arc
home made intake
wilder mod set at 15psi

Do you have the dyno sheets to post? Just curious to check out your graph compared to mine. Also what kind of dyno was this run on?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dyno was a dyno jet. And I will scan the graph and load the videos up tomorrow

·
Registered
830 Posts
Drivetrain loss in these cars is estimated in the range of 12% (as I was told by maptun, who have dyno'd lots of them).

See also the official rototest dyno of a Saab 2003 9-3 Aero (155 kW / 210hp): http://www.rri.se/popup/performancegraphs.php?ChartsID=91
Wheel power: 144 kW (196PS / 193bhp), Wheel Torque: 287Nm (212lb-ft)

The wheel power of your car is similar to the official test above.

The A/F at full throttle to be under 10 is typical for most of turbo/compressor cars. Otherwise a lean mixture could be devastating for the engine.

Changes on intake system have almost negligible effect on car's output power since the stock intake system is considered to be a good one.

What do you mean by "wilder mod set at 15psi" ? What exactly did you do on the car. If you don't make any changes to the ECU firmware then whatever you do on the car you get normal levels after a learning period -T8 adapts back to stock performance after a while.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
mod runs whatever psi u set it too

·
Registered
60 Posts
9-3gotboost,

Where did you get the mod from? I thought the Wilder mod was fixed at 3.9V.
Are you talking about another mod? I would love to run at 15-18psi, 22psi get's me a bit nervous.

Nice dyno run chart!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
9-3gotboost,

Where did you get the mod from? I thought the Wilder mod was fixed at 3.9V.
Are you talking about another mod? I would love to run at 15-18psi, 22psi get's me a bit nervous.

Nice dyno run chart!

I did my own wiring, just used wilder's as a guide.

But you can wire wilders in, then run a mbc and fine tune it to where you want it.

Also, I never understood why. But If my car wasnt up to full operating temps yet, it would easily boost 18-19psi. But if i ran it around for awhile, it would hardly ever get past 16. I guess it was heatsoak? Idn. I'm done with resistors, caps and pot's. Time to get a real tune.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
2005 saab 9-3 arc
home made intake
wilder mod set at 15psi

Your drivetrain loss is closer to 15 percent than 20 percent.

Rototest, as mentioned above, brings the losses down to 10-12 percent by removing the wheel and measuring output from the hub.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
is it 15% for the 5sp-auto as well? and are any of these dynos with the 5sp-auto?
When I dyno'd mine at UpRev in N Lamar I put down 182 HP and 200 Tq, 11.97 PSI so thats almost a 16% drivetrain loss, which is much more realistic. (and yes, of course Im on a 5 Sp auto)

99.65 F, humidity 16% STD correction of 1.06, 29.25 in-HG

So pretty damn good considering the ambient variables. Bone stock, and I mean bone stock, not even a conical filter.

Im planning on going back in April to get it rolled again with the full GS DP (replacement), maptun catback, FMIC (thanks Jn2 for the hookup :cheesy: ) and do back to back comparisons between BSR stage 3 and Maptun Stage 4...

The strongest pull was done in 4th, the other two were done in third and fifth and yielded 177.x HP and 19x Tq

·
Registered
536 Posts
When I dyno'd mine at UpRev in N Lamar I put down 182 HP and 200 Tq, 11.97 PSI so thats almost a 16% drivetrain loss, which is much more realistic. (and yes, of course Im on a 5 Sp auto)

99.65 F, humidity 16% STD correction of 1.06, 29.25 in-HG

So pretty damn good considering the ambient variables. Bone stock, and I mean bone stock, not even a conical filter.

Im planning on going back in April to get it rolled again with the full GS DP (replacement), maptun catback, FMIC (thanks Jn2 for the hookup :cheesy: ) and do back to back comparisons between BSR stage 3 and Maptun Stage 4...

The strongest pull was done in 4th, the other two were done in third and fifth and yielded 177.x HP and 19x Tq
refresh my memory, uprev has a dynojet? and are you in ATX? i thought u were in dallas for some reason

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
refresh my memory, uprev has a dynojet? and are you in ATX? i thought u were in dallas for some reason
Yeah, they have a 224 something, a 2WD model. I was in ATX for 1.5 years, ending in sept last year when COA started firing people in the wake of that huge budget deficit....

Im the panhandle right now...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts