SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SeanArc said:
what intercooler is that? whered u get it?

Have the intercooler on the picture above installed complete with new aluminum piping.
HxWxD 250mm 600mm 62mm.
Bought it from AutoSportPerformance (www.aspkarlskoga.com)

Automaggot said:
Your engine bay looks amazing! :eek:
Thx, doing my best to keep a clean look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
does ur upper pipe have the spot for the air flow sensor?

you havent run into any problems with the i/c? i was told that if u do a new intercooler u need custom software...

let me kno, i would really like any/all the info u could give me on it

·
Registered
609 Posts
That site is interesting. They have listings for so many different cars. And it reveals what I have thought for a long time... The 2.0t is way underated by Saab.

One tested on the site says 162 hp and 178.6 lb-ft at the wheel

With driveline losses between 15-20%

Figure between 190-202 hp and 208-221 lb-ft at the flywheel.

·
Registered
850 Posts
why all the cars has less power than expected??

what makes diferent this dyno than the others with rollers?

this difference and underpower is caused by the type of mesure?

I put the car at the dyno, 2.0t vector and the first time showed 185bhp and 287NM

and with the Abbott kit, 215bhp and 306Nm...

greetings

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
edusaab said:
why all the cars has less power than expected??
what makes diferent this dyno than the others with rollers?
this difference and underpower is caused by the type of mesure?
I put the car at the dyno, 2.0t vector and the first time showed 185bhp and 287NM
and with the Abbott kit, 215bhp and 306Nm...

greetings
To answer your first statement got what I expected close to 270hp
And why dyno instead of rollers.... did a cut from the manufacture ;)

"Q:Why is the ROTOTEST VPA-R chassis dynamometer unique?
A: The obvious difference between a Rototest chassis dynamometer and a traditional chassis dynamometer ("rolling road") is of course the direct coupling to the wheel hubs. This eliminates a great source of measurement ror and also eliminates a very hazardous element, namely the risk of tyre blow out. There are generally two types of rolling road systems, inertia types and steady state types. Both types carry a substantial inertia due to their design. The Rototest system was designed with an extremely low inertia. That makes it slightly more complex to control but the benefit is that the low inertia makes it possible to detect even the smallest variation in power output."

IRL expression from a n00b?
On the rollers I sat in my car and pressed it from 500rpm to it hit the stop around 6500rpm's a few times and got a nice paper. On the roto a technician did a static test on it on trough the spectra all the time sensors keet track of my inlet, and oil temp and so on.... then I got a paper. There must be a reason why most car magazines tend to use roto over rollers. ;)
Btw. will post scanned papers over the test and some more pictures of my IC installation tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
SeanArc said:
does ur upper pipe have the spot for the air flow sensor?

you havent run into any problems with the i/c? i was told that if u do a new intercooler u need custom software...

let me kno, i would really like any/all the info u could give me on it
If u run stock program maybe, but Hirsch and BSR etc should have enough parameters to accept cooler air flow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts