SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like some help in interpreting the results from the dyno and analyzing the graph. The dyno used was a mustang dyno and the correction factor was .931 so at the wheels that comes to 208 hp and 260 tq "corrected". What would be the drivetrain loss be for the aero transmission (15%/18%?).

specs on my car

2000 viggen / b234 block / mp intercooler / performance muffler - removed resonator ( stock DP and cat )/ removed intake resonator / mobil 1 0w40 / stock software

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
i personally use 12% drivetrain loss. good numbers tho, its commen for a viggen to be "under rated" when it hops on the dyno.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I need to find someone with a dyno in my town just for kicks. I've often wondered how much power I'm running with all the extra hardware.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Sap said:
I'd like some help in interpreting the results from the dyno and analyzing the graph. The dyno used was a mustang dyno and the correction factor was .931 so at the wheels that comes to 208 hp and 260 tq "corrected". What would be the drivetrain loss be for the aero transmission (15%/18%?).

specs on my car

2000 viggen / b234 block / mp intercooler / performance muffler - removed resonator ( stock DP and cat )/ removed intake resonator / mobil 1 0w40 / stock software

Show off...;]

Paul, you coming to the next meet?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty happy the with the results so far chris :cheesy:. Your pulls looked good too, T5 is such a different animal thou, its a shame u didn't install your intercooler. i'll probably make it out to the next meet, hopefully matt will have some new clamps in by then.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Loss on our cars is about 12 percent.
It seems low for a viggen, but maybe it's the 34 block/stock dp and the dyno???
Mustang dyno's always are lower then most others. So maybe if you ran on a non load bearing it would be more? My 2002 viggen did 226 and 267 torque with the same hardware you had.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts