SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have long been a VW owner of vr6 and 1.8t engines. I wanted to know if the 01 9-3 vert (my car) necessitates a recirculation of air for the MAF to not throw a code. My vw 1.8t needed it which required a DV. I used a Forge hybrid (004). Are the same model forge products that i use for the VW the same for my car? I sound like a newb because I am. lol. I couldn't find the exact topic of my subject but I did find some good stuff. Also could one of you recommend one to me. I have not remapped the ECU, I just like the sound of course. I'm not planning to mod much. Also, what is the stock psi on my car ? Thanks- Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link for the intake but i was trying to get a more detailed answer about the DV's.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. So I can use the Forge 004. I didn't know if that sent enough air back to the MaF or not. I assume the 007 is a good one as well. I wasn't trying to be rude. It just came off that way. Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you own a forge 004 hybrid? Because if you don't you really don't need one,unless there is a problem with yours.The stock bosch is fine for a stock saab.You will not get any more sound from a forge.That is why I posted the link for the open air intake as that will give you more sound from both the turbo and the diverter valve.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I cant seem to find a picture of one anywhere.just to make sure can you post a pic? does it look like the 007 at all?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats a blowoff valve and wont work at all! I am sorry to have misled you before!I assumed that you understood the difference! You need a diverter or bypass valve!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
A hybrid does both, it dumps and recirculates air, that means that some air is unmetered, don't put that on as Nick tested them and gave up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts