SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well i have a 2000 9-5 Aero and i have a question and am wondering what my next mod should be...

I just completed my first mods to the Aero which includes an open intake, custom splash guard and i also did a resonator delete and added a Thrush welded muffler in the back. (sounds perfect. A little on the quiet side but sounds good)

Now that i started modding her i dont want to stop... its addictive... so what should i do next?

The car currently has 104K miles and runs great.

I also have a question... A while ago i tried the bolt in the top hose mod and for some reason my turbo over boosted. I put the hose back and now it seems like the turbo takes a little longer to spool up. The car also makes a hoooooooooooooot sound sometimes right when i give it gas and then stop giving it gas quickly. i read that a bad DV makes a hooting sound so im guessing thats what it is?

My question is would the over boosting turbo cause the stock DV to go bad? and would a bad DV cause the turbo to spool up slower?

Also would u recommend the bosch replacement one or the Forge DV? the forge seems expensive.... haha

Thanks for the help!

Chris

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Alright well i have a 2000 9-5 Aero and i have a question and am wondering what my next mod should be... 3" full exhaust, tune

I just completed my first mods to the Aero which includes an open intake, custom splash guard and i also did a resonator delete and added a Thrush welded muffler in the back. (sounds perfect. A little on the quiet side but sounds good). It may sound good but if your about performance you may want to go with full 3" turbo back exhaust, or at the very least a 3" downpipe;ol;

Now that i started modding her i dont want to stop... its addictive... so what should i do next? Whatever your hearts content with doing

I also have a question... A while ago i tried the bolt in the top hose mod and for some reason my turbo over boosted. I put the hose back and now it seems like the turbo takes a little longer to spool up. The car also makes a hoooooooooooooot sound sometimes right when i give it gas and then stop giving it gas quickly. i read that a bad DV makes a hooting sound so im guessing thats what it is? A Failing DV will make the hooting sound as its slowly leaking and air is bypassing the seals

My question is would the over boosting turbo cause the stock DV to go bad? and would a bad DV cause the turbo to spool up slower? A Diverters job is to redirect air back into the intake or to the atmosphere as when you suddenly let off the throttle and shut the throttle plate that air has no where to go, if it goes back to the turbo it can cause catastrophic failure

Also would u recommend the bosch replacement one or the Forge DV? the forge seems expensive.... haha. Stock units tend to fail and even more so when you up the boost pressure. stick with any brand of forged units. search strotmosphere as their prices are fairly reasonable compared to the forged brand

Thanks for the help!

Chris[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies! I was thinking about a bigger exhaust but that's a little too expensive for me right now but definitely something to think about for the future. And I'll definitely replace the DV soon haha

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts