SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a 2.2 vector and i wanted to cut out my rear bumper and fit some tidy tips out of my twin exit exhaust, just because i like the look. I received what i thought were going to be a reasonable size (2.3-3inch) pair of miltek exhaust tips through the post, turns out they are 4inch diameter each! Rather too large to have side by side.

Now, i quite like these and it got me thinking that maybe i should build a duplex system as they would look quite nice like that. I have seen that people do it with the petrols and it doesnt look too difficult a task, i can weld and have built straight through systems for friends as thier request and design. I dont want to do it if it will create more noise as diesels just sound stupid if they are too loud, and i doubt i will get any noticeable performance gains, but i am not worried about that. what size mufflers should i be looking at? Seems people run a y splitter and 2 mufflers on here.

I have seen systems where the mufflers in the middle and theres an exit each side, this means i could reuse my existing muffler if theres space?

like so:

or i have also seen systems that just run an extension off the muffler thats left in situ to run the furthest pipe, although im not sure if that would look right if any smoke comes out as it will come out of the shortest exit first (which hopefully i dont get much of although it is a dirty diesel!)

like so:

So what do you guys think? If its not worth it, ill sell these on and source some smaller tips and stick to my original idea :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts