SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had Dunlop Wintersport SPs on 2 of my last 3 cars...they're awesome in the snow. My little Audi TT was zipping in between big 4-wheel-drive trucks and SUVs that were stuck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No, but I'll be finding out soon... I just ordered two sets for this year from Tire Rack... one for the Arc, one for my Suzuki SX4.

Interestingly, I ordered the same size for both :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had them on my Audi A4 and Acura TSX....great tire, not mushy at all.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
seeing that all the posters here live in snowy areas like myself, how necessary are snow tires for this vehicle? are the stock tires any good in snow? I have the 5pt star rims(17in), any suggestion?

·
Registered
55 Posts
awjones said:
seeing that all the posters here live in snowy areas like myself, how necessary are snow tires for this vehicle? are the stock tires any good in snow? I have the 5pt star rims(17in), any suggestion?
Very.

Not really.

Buy a set of snows mounted and balanced on 16" wheels... I'm buying snows for the 16's simply because we'll be putting 18" summers on in the spring. The added cost for the wheels (40-ish each if you can get steelies) is paid for the minute you pay to have the snows mounted for the second season, figuring mounting and balancing runs around 20-25 a wheel...

·
Registered
299 Posts
conti ts 810(820?)

they always get the best results in tests which is why i bought them.
better handling, less consumption and better grip (!!!i find that to be a contradictory statement, but hey, thats what i observed)than both conti sport contact2 and pirelli pzero rossos i have.
for a winter tyre i think this is quite a feat...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts