SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first understand that I work in a saab shop as a mechanic, and my dads a saab mechanic in California. About 75% of the time I dont believe my dad or boss on what they say even though they have 30 yesrs experience... I have still proven them both wrong multiple times.

I was looking into replacing my shark fin, a side note... my nav system dont see my gps. Also have codes for the gps. My boss recently replaced a dummy antenna on an 2006 saab 9-5. I asked him if that was the dummy or the gps. He pretty much looked at it, it only had 1 wire so he installed the dummy and said the gps antenna is somewhere else. So now I am confused. Ans I cant ask either of my saab professionals because they are never wrong even when they are! Epc lists multiple options depending if you have phone, nav, bluetooth, or none of the above. Any help on which one to buy?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fin for ur car 12762120 (2 wires)
Gps antenna 10354745
Yeah see thats what I thought. But the 2 wire one was the gps antenna. Or does this car have 2 of them? Cause my rubber is completely gone and open to the weather at first it would intermediary fail, now its failed completely.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
GPS antenna is usually in shark fin, but it could be attached under dash top next to MIU right corner facing up.
GPS antenna 10354745 needs holder 5375159.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Will, check the actual part number u have installed in ur car then.
What i gave u is from the online EPC ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts