SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys i took my engine cover off the other day and the pcv nipple for the crankcase vent system was broken. I got a new nipple coming from eeuroparts.com but i was just wondering if the vent system attached to throttle body housing cause i have a vent hose coming off of the housing and isn't attached to anything and it looks to be the right length to attach to the pcv check valve? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Man is this thing slow today.
The Y shaped PCV nipple small hose does indeed connect to the PCV check valve and thence go to the TB.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so but wanted to make sure before i hooked it up. Thanks For the infor and the great diagram!!! Thanks Again

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
And what would happen if a man were to use some used vacuum hose from a Honda and a used VW check valve and if he were to repair the broken Y fitting ??

The answer : absolutely nothing.. My "labor" is free.. The knowledge - the same..
The "victim" ??
I'll have to reciprocate on this one, its the daughter's car.. :cheesy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saaboheme said:
Man is this thing slow today.
The Y shaped PCV nipple small hose does indeed connect to the PCV check valve and thence go to the TB.

the y piece is what broke on mine and also the little valve that goes to the TB but i have a new y piece in my garage. i dont know where i can get the little valve that goes from the y piece to the TB.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maybe it is better to upgrade the PCV system with the latest kits.
I am going to do mine this weekend together with a head bolt retorque and a new flex pipe, trans mount and engine mount.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
97900seturbo said:
The y piece is what broke on mine and also the little valve that goes to the TB but i have a new y piece in my garage. i dont know where i can get the little valve that goes from the y piece to the TB.
Eeuroparts:

OEM Saab:

Part Code: 7521313
Part Name: PCV check valve
Part Brand: Genuine Saab
Part Cost: $15.99
Part Description:
(9189564) PCV check valve for any 85-93 16v, 86-98 9000, 9-3 all, 9-5 V6 all. This genuine valve has the p/n "9189564" and the words "made in Germany" inscribed in the plastic. The inner diaphragm is red, and the outer casing is marked with a green dot. The Scantech version has none of these markings and contains a black diaphram. Scantech valves have their p/n 51.1313 inscribed on the housing.

Aftermarket (Scantech):

Part Code: 7521313A
Part Name: PCV Check Valve
Part Brand: ScanTech
Part Cost: $9.90
Part Description:
PCV check valve for any 85-93 16v, 86-98 9000, 9-3 all, 9-5 V6 all.

coliphage said:
Maybe it is better to upgrade the PCV system with the latest kits.
I am going to do mine this weekend together with a head bolt retorque and a new flex pipe, trans mount and engine mount.
New PCV fixes (including the latest, iteration 6) is not necessary for T-5 cars. For your car however, yes, definitely go ahead and do that now. I am impressed that you are undertaking so many preventive maintenance and other prophylactic measures. Keep up the good work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts