SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Have an 07 9-3 2.0T FWD, currently the stock set up is 2 catalytic converters, but only the cat directly after the turbo is monitored. Is it possible to replace the second cat with a whole new set up for a 9-3 without the second cat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure, the car is from NY. I saw on esaab parts that the California one has New York listed with it as well

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
On the car if possible .. cause i dont believe there are 2 cats and im thinking u might got confused by smthn else

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is the actual part,the second cat. picture from e Saab parts. I can’t get a pic of it on the car for a day or two, but trust me, I have 12 years experience fixing cars and 3 ASE certifications. It had 2 cats. I’d like to switch the system to the single cat set up like on the other 9-3’s. I’m trying to find out if the hangers will be in the right places, I’m sure it will line up ok regardless, but I’m wondering if I’ll have to weld in new hangers or anything like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There’s a different mid pipe, I believe it’s a little shorter on that end compared to the single cat system

·
Registered
4 Posts
The flange is different where the first and second cats meet, the stud spacing and position won't line up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m gonna be changing the first cat, I have a code, is there a different cat I can buy so I can put the non California exhaust on my car? Or maybe even just a cat-back exhaust for when I replace the first cat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a Borla front cat, their made by Magnaflow. It is patterned on a two cat system, my car was a single cat car and by the time I figured out what I had it was beyond the return date. I ended up getting a second cat pipe and adding that to the car, If I were to do it again I would have just bought a Krona down pipe with cat and been done with it.Krona makes full exhaust systems for these cars,pricey but what isn't these days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was thinking about the krona, idk if I wanna get my car too loud. Will it set check engine light with stock tube?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know there is an adapter to move the o2 out of the pipe itself, but I think that's if your running the no cat downpipe, search the forum someone has to be using the Krona set up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts