SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a DTC code of P0495. Which is an emission control fault.

This happens once for every tank of gas. I have been resetting the code to clear the engine check light. I would like to fix the problem. What I have done to this point is: a.) replaced the gas cap b.) checked the connections and wire condition for the temperature sensor on the radiator [no problems].

Internet searches suggest that it is the fan clutch on later models [my car is a 2002 9-3 convertible].

Suggestions on what to look for, or how to repair would be appreciated.

·
Registered
353 Posts

This happens once for every tank of gas. I have been resetting the code to clear the engine check light. I would like to fix the problem. What I have done to this point is: a.) replaced the gas cap b.) checked the connections and wire condition for the temperature sensor on the radiator [no problems].

Internet searches suggest that it is the fan clutch on later models [my car is a 2002 9-3 convertible].

I cant speak for the Saabs specifically. I am sure someone will chime in with the exact answer........that being said.......it seems the code is for your electric cooling fan set on high........as a general automotive rule the default position for the fan is high..ie if the sensor is disconnected or fails the fan defaults to high......I would look at the sensor connection and possibly suspect the sensor.....have you noticed that your cooling fan is always on?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

If that is the "large EVAP leak" code, mine was finally fixed by replacing the EVAP purge valve, but you should also check for leaks in the lines and joints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts