SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i went in today i gave my dealer the printout of the drl/fog light config, and he talked to one of his tech buddies and they got it done for me, i cant wait to pick it up and check on it, he said they did the config just like it was posted, and guess what it was only $20 how great, next step HID's :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
BlacKnight04 said:
Hey guys i went in today i gave my dealer the printout of the drl/fog light config, and he talked to one of his tech buddies and they got it done for me, i cant wait to pick it up and check on it, he said they did the config just like it was posted, and guess what it was only $20 how great, next step HID's :D :D :D
Do you mean you have high beams plus fogs working or No DRL but fogs?
What is the config? Rest of world setting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im going to pick it up tommoro morning, but as my dealer put it, what i asked for he did. so i have no drl's , but the low beams when i turn it the knob to full on postion ,as well as my high beams, and my fog lights, but when i see it in person and test it out ill let you guys know whats up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
works!!!

hey guys i went in today, i got my baby,
well the lights finally work like they should
the first postion is all off
the second postion in the middle is now , parking lights, with abilty for all fogs.
the third final postion is now: low beams, hugh beams, and fog lights, and yes i can have both high and fogs at the same time it looks great, now im going to get the HID's and finish that project. does anyone have any advice on what K? HID i should get like 8000k 10000k or 12000k thnx., :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
BlacKnight04 said:
. . . now im going to get the HID's and finish that project. does anyone have any advice on what K? HID i should get like 8000k 10000k or 12000k thnx., :p
I would suggest the color closest to original equipment. As the temperature/color of the lights increases, the output decreases. The lights with the off-the-scale colors are for people only interested in showing off. I assume you want HID's for the functionality of increased lighting capability and not for just show and bragging rights. Also, I have heard recently of more instances of people with the outrageously colored lights being stopped and ticketed by the authorities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rob in Atlanta said:
I would suggest the color closest to original equipment. As the temperature/color of the lights increases, the output decreases. The lights with the off-the-scale colors are for people only interested in showing off. I assume you want HID's for the functionality of increased lighting capability and not for just show and bragging rights. Also, I have heard recently of more instances of people with the outrageously colored lights being stopped and ticketed by the authorities.
thnx for your input, well i def want the output, and i want the nice clear xenon look as well, i was thinking about getting the 10000k which with the projectors should look nice. i hope, ne clue on those?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
BlacKnight04 said:
thnx for your input, well i def want the output, and i want the nice clear xenon look as well, i was thinking about getting the 10000k which with the projectors should look nice. i hope, ne clue on those?
The most i would go is 8000k, but thats just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
10k has practically no white light...and is illegal...its very noticable that you don't have DOT lights when you get these...

personally 6000 or 8000 are the only ones id consider. 6000 being closer to white with a blue shine. 8000 being closer with a blue with a little white.

10000 is practically just blue light
12000 is just purple light (and this will get you pulled over alot, looks really obvious and is stupid also)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top