SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just a quick question. Tomorrow morning i have to drive about 1 mile only. I recently replaced my DIC with a used one and turns out one of the coils on it is broken, need to get a new one, not used this time!

Anyhow, the car runs, but is misfiring. I think i'ts running on 5/6 of the cylinders. Will i do my car any long term harm by driving 1 mile there and back tomorrow??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I think the long-term effect is that it will kill your catalytic converter as you get unburnt fuel going down the exhaust. Ask me how I know! But how do you know for sure it is actually the DIC that is the problem. Did you have it tested or ruled-out everything else that could cause a misfire? Sounds strange that you would get a replacement one that is faulty too. And my understanding (maybe wrong) is that the DIC is usually good or bad, and it it is bad you could not drive?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yea. Hae you checked the spark plugs? Have you done a compression test? Misfires an be caused by many things. Try swapping the DICs from side to side and see if the misfire persists. You'll new to pull codes before and after to verify which cylinder the misfire is occurring on. If the misfire stays on one cylinder, then it's not the DIC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts