SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was involved in a collision a month or so back in my 2000 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible. I got hit in the drivers' front right into the left front wheel...with most or the damage being around the left fender, bumper, and headlight. If that not being bad enough, the drivetrain seems to be all screwed up. I will try to explain this as clearly as I can....When I turn the steering wheel, it turns freely with no noise or trouble, but when the wheels turn, they go into opposite directions. I checked over everything and nothing appears to be broken...for example, the control arm is good, the tie rod is good....but the only things that I stopped at are the steering rack or the driveshaft...The steering rack doesn't seem to be bent or broken and the bolts that hold it are in perfect shape when I turn the steering wheel, it moves like it always has, with it moving side to side with ease. And both wheels seem to not be disconnected from each other, it's just when I turn the steering wheel, right for example, the left wheel turns right, while the right wheel inverts and turns to the left. I have no idea what could be wrong, I already have all the body parts needed to replace, and I'm going to get the frame pulled, after it shifted to the right, and painted. I am just trying to figure out what could be wrong with the wheels. This car was my daily driver to school and work, luckily I am on break right now, so I have a couple of weeks left to get this done. Any help would be gladly appreciated. I love my Saab and I want this to be done so that I can continue driving it. This car is my life, and I was so bummed out after the accident. Please help, any advice or tips will be great. If pictures are needed for a better look at things, I can post some. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.