SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PLEASE HELP ASAP Driveshaft 2001 9-5

Help, I need to remove my drive shafts to pull my engine out of the top. It is the last step I need to do before hoisting away. I have tried to pry the Left one with every thing I can think of an only moved it 1/8 of an inch. Can I pull on the drive shaft and not damage it? If I don't get this car on the road in the next couple of days, my wife may shoot me.:confused:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Get a bar behind it and knock it with a hammer usually I can get Saab shafts to pop out pretty easy, its a jerk motion that gets them to release, on most cars you need and sometimes on Saab's I've had to get a slide hammer from autozone borrower, its a slide hammer and you get a big c shaped spade that slides behind the shaft and you just slide the hammer and pop it out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get a bar behind it and knock it with a hammer usually I can get Saab shafts to pop out pretty easy, its a jerk motion that gets them to release, on most cars you need and sometimes on Saab's I've had to get a slide hammer from autozone borrower, its a slide hammer and you get a big c shaped spade that slides behind the shaft and you just slide the hammer and pop it out.
A slide hammer makes it so much easier my dad showed me that one. I used a harbor freight slide hammer with the chain connection on the end and it came right out. Just be careful not to tear the CV boot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dirve shaft - still neeed help

NO LUCK, Can I use a blow torch and heath the spline, or would that potentially damage a seal?

I got an axle removal tool which was a slide hammer the attaches to the lug nuts. I have the ball joints and tie rods disconnected, so the strut is swinging free with the rotor. I attached the axle to the rotor an hit the slide hammer 10 times, not a centimeter of movement and I am in fear of damaging the CVJ or transmission. WHAT DO I DO NOW?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.