SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I left the office at 6:00 and comfort open and then close ;oops:
My window stopped 2 inches from the top.. :nono;
I played with the buttons but to no avail.. I could hear the electric motor trying but doing sweet FA. So drove off and a little later stopped to see what I could do.. Trying to move it between my hands it almost dropped into the door!!!
So pulled it up and stuck it closed with my ever present roll of black duck tape.:roll:

Am I going to be happy when I see my Paris dealer tomorrow and he is telling me that almost all his mechanics are on vacation and he still does not have the steering pump. ..He had better have an excellent loaner because I cannot park my car outside / only Duck tape stopping someone climbing in.

Not a happy camper tonight but it's my first real complaint in 12,000 fabulous kms. :x

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Help please

I need help, anyone had the same problem?.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
DavidMorgan said:
Trying to move it between my hands it almost dropped into the door!!!
This sounds like something wasn't fitted properly or managed to work loose. After a while, it moved into a position where it bound the mechanism. When you tried to move it, the regulator arm or part of the mechanism popped out of its slot. Then it was free.

This probably started with something very simple like a C-clip that didn't stay on.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to my Paris dealer at lunch time.. You wouldn't believe how many cars he had waiting for the workshop which is underground with 12 bays, a big busy affair but in August most everyone is on vacation... Anyway tomorrow at 0915 I leave him the car he will fix the window and change the steering pump as impossible to turn the wheel unless I rev up to 1,000. It's under warranty and the window.. I wasn't going to play with that. Thanks for your info. Ihave been reading all the sob stories here and finally it's my turn.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All Is well

Got my car back last night:

Window works a charm as does the steering. They changed the pump.
Under warranty all smiles and I love my SAAB.:)

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess it could be, they didnt tell me and in FRench I wouldnt have understood the technical terms. At first it was stuck 2 inches open, motor turned but window wouldn't budge and the when I "manhandled" it all but fell into the door. All's well now, thank you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Do you know the common problem of the VW Golf(european version) that in many units the windows fall down. That was a problem of the plastic suport of the window in the guide.

It seems that in the firs year units it happens something similar. the Dealer showed me the difference of the plastic suport from one year to another. The 2003 version for example the plastic is white and with 2 nerves, the other versions has a different material, with a brown color and reinforced with 3 nerves.

greetings

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
edusaab said:
plastic is white and with 2 nerves, the other versions has a different material, with a brown color and reinforced with 3 nerves.
Those Swedes have apparently made giant strides in cyborg design. This car is just full of surprises:cheesy:

·
Registered
850 Posts
ctrlz said:
Those Swedes have apparently made giant strides in cyborg design. This car is just full of surprises:cheesy:
jejejeje

it's the way we say it in spanish.....I don't know how to express it in english exactly. Is like you have a hand that takes the window, the old peace with 2 fingers:lol: :lol: and the new with 3 fingers(or nerves as you like, jejeje).:lol: :lol: like a trident.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same again

Had the driver's window problem "repaired" but only lasted a few days and then I realized that it wasn't closing straight. Now the window is held again with duck tape. Thanks to edusaab I have a new part number and am trying to get some sense out of my dealer. They have the part 12802320 in stock cost cost about $600 but it's under warranty. I find it very frustrating and time consuming trying to get anything out of my dealer "Saab Rive Gauche". Impossible to get someone on the phone . Not a happy camper.:(

·
Registered
444 Posts
My driver's side window wouldn't retract. Turns out the tiny rubber strip (called a "seal") was caught in the groove. It completely folded inside of it. I took it to the dealer and they manually straightened it. The guy told me it took an hour to get the window to move in either direction. They didn't have "the seal" in stock so I'd have to come back after they order it.

Yesterday, the passenger side window emitted a distinct 'pop' as it was going up. Trouble, I thought. This is how the problem started with the driver's side window making the 'pop' sound like the glass was breaking or something. I am holding my breath for now.

This morning I tilted the sunroof, and I could hear a drumming sound. Oh no, I thought. What is that? I closed the sunroof and the sound disappeared; it reappeared when I tilted the sunroof again. I am reluctant to put this car on a short leash, but I might if this continues.:evil: Can you say Lexus IS?

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dano1atty said:
My driver's side window wouldn't retract. Turns out the tiny rubber strip (called a "seal") was caught in the groove. It completely folded inside of it. I took it to the dealer and they manually straightened it.

Yesterday, the passenger side window emitted a distinct 'pop' as it was going up. Trouble, I thought. This is how the problem started with the driver's side window making the 'pop' sound like the glass was breaking or something. I am holding my breath for now.
Dont like bearing bad news but the pop was probably a rivet popping or a spot weld going. You will soon have the same problem as me. They tried re-welding mine but it didnt hold. The car goes back tomorrow and they will replace the support with a newer part.

This info is thanks to edusaab:
Checking the parts that it was changed from one year to another, there is the mechanism of the support of the window.

the cars before the chassis number 31034551(those are the last numbers of the chassis) they have a specific support mechanism.

After that chassis number they receive a new part, for the Left door, the part number is 12802320, and for the right door is 128802321.

Wish you luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My passnger front window did the saem the other day. A slowing of the up/down motion of the window, then a popping sound. As I looked closer, I noticed the black rubber edge seal around the window had somehow folded under the glass. The glass was stuck halfway up.

Took it to the dealer, they will fix under warrant, and say they need to replace the window actuator. They said the part was on order from Sweden and I am still waiting. they did get my window back up, but it is inoperable and slides down a little if the door is shut hard. I just move it by hand.

It sucks, but at least it is awarranty repair.

·
Registered
106 Posts
driver window

My drivers side window hasn't been working,

so I took out the window motor, tested it off the car

battery and in worked fine.

So then I thought maybe those scissor looking things they

raise and lower the window needed greased up, so I did that.

After that I plugged the motor into the original wiring connections

where the motor is installed and no power, only a click coming from

somewhere in the back passenger window.

My question is what is the click?

I've ruled out the motor being bad and the switch between the seats.

Also have ruled out the scissor things that raise and lower window.

Is this a short in the wiring or some relay switch.

Also hooked up a multimeter to the two wires where the motor

hooks up at and was getting power.

·
Registered
106 Posts
true,

but it also wasn't under load when I hooked it up to the
wires coming out of the door jamb.

Somewhere between the motor and switch somethings a-rye.

I've searched past threads but cannot find info to this extend

on my problem.

Any ideas, anyone?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts