SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few days ago i noticed that during accel, when my car tries to pull as many gs as it can, my seat squeaked... then i noticed that whenever i move around a bit it would squeak. now it squeaks pretty well over any road surface but fresh pavement. its definitely getting worse.

the pic shows the location of the squeak.

is this something i can tackle, or is this a warranty item? ive never had a car seat that seemed to make this kind of noise (internally, it seems). a loose spring? its just a really odd sound. almost like the cold suspension over speed bump sound, but from my seat. :eek:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I think I'm facing the same issue, but I'm not sure if it's internally or not. I thought it was more from the back side of the seat towards the bottom left.

It does sound like a creaking suspension but from the seat. I'm going to take a closer look at mine this weekend when I have some time.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
My lumbar support broke the other day and the seat now squeeks at that spot.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
car is still under warranty... is this included?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine does too, but I found it was actually the seatbelt clip hinge. I sprayed some silicone lubricant all over the buckle hinge to get rif of it. It's on the right of the seat where the metal arm is attached to the belt lock with the release button. Test it out first and see if it squeeks without wearing the seatbelt. I took the seatbelt off and moved all over trying to get it to squeek and it was silent. Pivot the belt lock to the right of the seat in every direction (move it towards the driver's seat and then towards the center arm console fast a few times) and see if that's the source. Mine started to squeek again after 2 years and needs another lube.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had an issue with a squeaking noise coming from the seat bottom of the driver's seat. They said it's a common fix and they replaced the "seat chasis" under warranty. It's the whole bottom part with the plastic molding that the seat bottom fits into. Squeak is all gone now!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had the same issue about a year ago and mentionned it to the dealer. They lubed the hinges and bingo... no more squeaking. I was also considering a loose spring and was getting ready to open the seat but I'm glad I didn't. Looks like a common problem though!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the seat is still noisy... and its getting worse. im taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning. its progressed so that i can now also easily reproduce the sound.

referring to the photo in my original post, if i press at the upper left corner of the red quadrilateral and, with continuing pressure, slide my hand down toward where the backrest meets the butt rest, the squeak reveals itself about half way to the butt rest. to repeat the sound, pressure must come from the top down, not directly in at the noisy point, or from the bottom up. and that makes sense. the sound is worst when i am getting into the car (sliding down), when accelerating (being pushed back and maybe a bit down), or when turning so that my body is pushed against the right side of the seat.

its beyond annoying and, in terms of buzz, squeaks, rattles, makes the rest of the interior seem as if it was built by lexus. there is also a significant difference in comfort between my drivers seat and my wifes (identical car). i suspect this is more than just a loose screw somewhere; something is definitely broken.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My car doesn't squeak but I feel like the bottom part of the seat seems to shift forward when I brake hard, and back when I accelerate. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's not a huge issue, but its a little bit irritating.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lumbar mechanism is broken. the tension wires that pull the mesh net tight for support have snapped. thats whats causing the noise and resulting in the less than comfortable backrest.

dealer said parts will probably be back ordered from the buy out, but it should be fixed within a few weeks. was hoping for sooner than a few weeks, but at least its covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Great, i had a squeak brand new in same exact spot, worsened by rocking back and forth and when leaning on hard to left bolster at cornering. It worked itself out over 1/2 year, now gone.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
My car doesn't squeak but I feel like the bottom part of the seat seems to shift forward when I brake hard, and back when I accelerate. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's not a huge issue, but its a little bit irritating.
Did you ever get this fixed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same squeaks in my Turbo X driver's seat... Last year it was only a little squeak during cold winter, now it is all the time and not just a little one :(

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
No I never really looked into it after posting that. Just kinda learned to live with it
I took it into the dealer and they said the driver's seat rails were worn and they were going to replace them, as it could be a safety issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts