SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really desperate here as my seatbelt has jammed and is not retracting, can anyone please advise me how to remove the belt from the drivers seat (convertible model)
I'm disabled after breaking my back and am not able to work so I can't afford to pay a garage for this work, any ideas really would be appreciated as I just had the RAC look at it and he had no idea how to deal with it, PLEASE advise ?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm really desperate here as my seatbelt has jammed and is not retracting, can anyone please advise me how to remove the belt from the drivers seat (convertible model)
I'm disabled after breaking my back and am not able to work so I can't afford to pay a garage for this work, any ideas really would be appreciated as I just had the RAC look at it and he had no idea how to deal with it, PLEASE advise ?
Try this. Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My driver's side belt has been slow to retract and sometimes slack for a couple of years. This past weekend I replaced it (eEuroparts has OEM ones for like $70, which it says is about $400 off of list!) and it's MUCH better now. The new one is a slightly different design and is way nicer. Feels much more like a new car now in that the belt is sufficiently taut across my chest.

I would definitely recommend doing this if you have the original belt, it was easy & took maybe an hour. The worst part was just getting the plastic facia back on the B pillar.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Use a wet abrasive paper that you push with the belt between the bracket and use it to sand dirt away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts