SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with the following;
Wife comes home and door will not open, lock is in the up position and will not go up or down, door will not budge. Have tried operating locking by using the key and the remote and all doors lock/unlock as expected apart from the drivers door which does nothing - lock remains in the open(up) postion all the time and bl**dy door does nothing
Any ideas

thanks

Donut

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sounds like a faulty deadlocking system, but as I'm in the US (Were we don't have dead locks) I really have no clue.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Deadlocks shouldn't be activated other than on second push of alarm remote, i'd suspect a faulty door lock solenoid. Hope you haven't left the missus sitting in the car. ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
donutmwd said:
Wife comes home and door will not open, lock is in the up position and will not go up or down, door will not budge. Donut
Go to the pub :cheesy:

·
Registered
103 Posts
ah i hope she didn't scuff the leather getting out the passangers side... poor door.

serious note. Kermit is sounding pretty right. Not to hard a fix or bring it in it shouldn't be expensive.

tricky part is goin to be getting the door open for repair if it doesnt decide to fix itself like cars tend to do

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice

Took it to the dealer and for 22 pounds they fixed it - who said the dealers are a rip off! They said they cleaned up the locking mechanism and it should be ok but if it happens again will need new bits.
Then in the afternoon the battery decided to go - no warning what so ever and at the same time the door stopped working. The good old AA man came to jump start and with a little wiggling of the key he got the door working.
Just to round it all off I have been off work sick and my cars Mot run out last week so I thought ok swap batteries around and youve guessed it my battery has went flat with my car sitting about
to sum it all up with two words "oh me"

Thanks to all

Donut

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
What a crap day :cry:

Hope you feel better soon ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts