SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an interesting problem lately. When I go to lower my driver window, the inner mechanism rolls down fine, but the glass stays stuck in the up position, like it's being held there.

I've cleaned/dry-lubed the felt/rubber seals on the sides and top. Didn't help. I tightened the clamp bolts that hold the glass and it helped for a bit, but started slipping out again. I don't want to crank down on those.

When trying to roll down, it's almost as if something is wedging the window in at the top seal. It kind of 'pops' out when it rolls down normally. As I understand it, the glass should be free to move down, right? It actually takes a good amount of wiggling the glass to get it to go down if it comes unclamped from the regulator.

Any ideas or experience with this issue? Does something wear out and pinch the glass in the seals? The regulator is new as of last year.

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
get some silicone spray,spray the grooves where the glass runs and report back..

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The window track is rubber and dry lube/powder may not adhere. As suggested try silicone using the spray tube to control overspray. There may also be a mechanical issue if the window's alignment was disturbed. Did it start having problems when the new regulator was installed?

There is some adjustment available - loosen the bolts holding the glass in the regulator and slide it slightly fore or aft to see if it improves.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I replaced the regulator about a year ago, it worked great. Now, suddenly it's started slipping out and getting stuck up. I'll look in at the adjustments. Maybe a bolt came loose. I'll also check the TIS to see if it has any mention of aligning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts