SaabCentral Forums banner
2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  93ArcOwner 
#1 ·
I have an '04 9-3 Arc. I'm having an issue with my window on the driver side. I have searched for days for a similar discussion with no luck.

Initially, I think that I got some water in the door panel. When that happened, nothing on the door panel worked (power mirrors, trunk release, windows, locks). After some time (drying out) everything came back. However, the pinch protection had to be re-calibrated on all windows. I did that successfully after finding instructions on this site with exception to the driver window. After my first attempt, it would not go down without first bumping it up a bit. I tried stopping the window on the way up to get it back to the down position. I tried programming it this way several times and eventually had to shut it up for the night. When I came back the next day, it would not go down at all and it is still that way. I thought that perhaps I had trained it to think it was all the way down while it was all the way up, if that makes any sense. I have already tried disconnecting the wiring at the door jam and waiting a while before reconnecting. I also tried pulling fuses 5 and 15 with the same intentions. There have been no changes. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
About the only thing you can do is pull the door panel and disconnect the window motor. Put a test light in and operate that switch up and down. If it lights both ways, motor is bad. If not, could be your window switch itself. Your first check might be to look for corrosion in the connectors at the window switch. If you have corrosion, clean it up and retest. Hope this helps!

#5 ·
So last night I removed the door handle and in the process of doing so, I inadvertently pressed down on the driver window control and the window started going down. Since then, I've realized that I just have to press it very hard. Could this be an issue with the contacts, or is it a faulty switch? The part that doesn't make sense still, is that it will not go down with the other windows when I use the remote???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.